Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Tonight is the "American Idol" final performance episode, Welcome U2 to Salt Lake City.

Hello,

Welcome Larry Mullen Jr., Adam Clayton, Bono and The Edge to Utah. I hope you enjoy your time here.

Tonight is the final performance episode of "American Idol". Let me guess, Scotty McDreary is going to sing some country songs! Also Lauren will probably sing at least one or two country songs as well. I expect this to be one of the more boring episodes of this season. The singers will sing same sounding songs and the judges will fall all over themselves with their praise. It will be a big lovefest that will have all the entertainment value of a saltine cracker. Lauren has had some highlights here and there, but McDreary does virtually the exact same performance each week.

I expect to see the role of Jimmy Iovine to continue to be minimized. I highly doubt he will be on the show next season. I expect Barnacle to remain, but I don't think JLo and Steven Tyler will be back. This was just a way to restart their flailing careers. Also I'd love to see Nigel Lythgoe go as well, his hands are over this show. He's terrible at his job.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow's finale, there are always some nice surprises during it. Hopefully we will be able to see Pia Toscano again. She remains my favorite contestant of this season, Haley is probably #2. Among rumored performers: Lady Gaga and Clarence Clemons on one of her songs. Bono and The Edge will appear with the cast of the "Spider-Man" play. They are doing anything they can to boost ticket sales. Most reviews have been brutal to the musical. This is my favorite quote about the "Spider-Man" musical: "Nothing cures the curiosity about Spider-Man quite like seeing it".

I actually think that the announcement of the "AI" "winner" is going to be anti-climactic. There will be CD's rushed out for both Lauren and Scotty. They might have a half-decent sales the first week, but then they will fade away. That is unless one of them has a big hit. What are the long term prospects for McDreary's CD to do well? It's going to be 10 or 11 very similar sounding songs. What's this at least the fourth straight male winner and the last three being very boring. Lauren has the talent to be a big star, but does she have the personality to be a big star? She needs to break out of her shell.

This show needs to end as soon as possible. The same formula 10 years in a row has become incredibly boring. Why do I still watch this show I hear you wondering? It's because I like to follow the improvement of the singers. But most everything that surrounds that weighs down the rest of the show. Thankfully Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, David Cook, Daughtry, Jennifer Hudson, Pia Toscano plus many others will be around long after this show finally ends. All the fake stars that this show created will end with the show. The David Archulettas, Scotty McDrearys etc won't have the biggest television show to boost their music anymore. We can all be thankful for that.

Meanwhile Pia Toscano has probably been working on music, meeting with producers and crafting her CD. I predict she actually will do better because she has had more time to work on her CD. The fact that she's an amazing talent and absolutely gorgeous doesn't hurt either. I see her taking the Daughtry road to success, although I don't think she'll be as big as him. Whatever happens, please don't let Iovine have anything to do with her career.

Last but not least, this last week's episode of "The Killing" was sizzling. I love how the story moved along slowly, but there were plenty of surprises. However the two big weaknesses of the show remain. The Richmond campaign is dead in the water. The Richmond character is wishy-washy and his campaign struggles for focus. I admire his ethics, but it makes for a boring story line. Really does anyone care if he wins this election? The lack of excitement in this story line drags down the rest of the show. I thought this would be wrapped up quickly, but it lingers on.

Also maybe Rosie is lucky in dying, getting away from the Larson family. Mitch, the Mom, is emotionally manipulative which leads to Stan beating Bennet. Why did Linden tell Mitch that the police were about to arrest Benett? Obviously Bennet isn't the killer, it's just too early in the show. The killer is going to be a surprise, hopefully a believable surprise. I just don't care about any of the Larson family.

Also what's up with the detective/ chief of police. I appreciate a cop who values civil rights, but why is he so stringent about having Bennet arrested? Bennet obviously has something to hide, but the hints seem to be pretty mild at what he's hiding. But the police chief is so vigilant that I think he has also something to hide. (I would have his name here, but I can't find it anywhere. It's not listed at wikipedia.org or "The Killing" official website.)

Again AMC the name of the show is "The Killing", can you please focus more on that rather than some of the other boring story lines?

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites