Monday, May 30, 2011

Thank you Veterans!, "Footloose"



Hello,



Today is Veteran's Day and I would just like to thank all the veterans who served in any branch of the military. I also would like to thank your families for raising you and then allowing you to defend this great country. Thanks for all your sacrifices for your country. Literally America, if there still was an America, wouldn't be as great as it is without your many brave sacrifices.



Last night I watched "Footloose" with my two middle kids. This was one of my favorite movies growing up. After seeing it for the first time in several years, two things struck me about it. First of all, there's the amazing music. Second of all, the movie is full of so much infectious joy. There's so much joy in this movie, definitely an 80's classic.

My kids didn't enjoy this movie as much as me, but for me the movie isn't just a movie. It reminds me of what I was doing at the time. I remember the girl I took to see this movie with, that was one of my first ever dates. So when I watched this movie it's not just a movie, it's a time capsule. A brief journey back to a time I will never be able to permanently recapture.

Here are the two most amazing songs from that movie:



I'd never seen Denise Williams video for "Let's Hear It For The Boy" before, so here's my world premiere:



For those of you who say Bonnie Tyler is only a one hit wonder ("Total Eclipse of the Heart"), I give you another one of the great songs from "Footloose":



Kevin Bacon, Lori Singer and John Lithgow were on the Today show back in 2008. Here's the video including a special guest star:



A couple of take aways after seeing the movie. Whatever happened to Lori Singer? It seemed like she made this movie and then completely disappeared. In the above clip she was still looking pretty good. The same thing happened to Kelly McGillis following "Top Gun". Also Christopher Penn was so great in this movie. He actually was in many things following "Footloose". Unfortunately back in 2006 he died of heart disease at the age of 40. R.I.P. Chris.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites