Friday, May 13, 2011

Ding Dong The Durbs is Eliminated

Hello,

I just want to say that I have nothing personally against James Durbin. The fact that he has fought through Tourette's Syndrome is awesome. It's a constant battle everyday for him and he seems to have maintained the upper hand over it.

However as a performer James Durbin leaves much to be desired. He's boring and he's a weak imitation of Adam Lambert. He also has an annoying personality. I loved how he thought he was a rock star, but he isn't even close. I think it was on "Love Potion #9" where he was making the guitarist wait for him to end the song. Durbin you haven't earned that yet.

Also I love how he still is trying to be the flag bearer for heavy metal. Dude you aren't a heavy metal singer. I'm pretty sure metal doesn't want you for its spokesman. Again another thing you haven't earned.

I read one comment that said Durbin could be like another fourth place finisher, Daughtry. Ha please. Daughtry's first CD was the #1 selling CD of the year it was released. Not the #1 selling CD of all ex-Idols, but the #1 selling CD of everyone. Durbin isn't going to get anyone near that. He might have a good first week, with a few thousand CDs sold, but that will be it for him. That is unless he finds an amazing song that attracts non-Durbin fans.

Also James Durbin is going to be racing reality now. I have no idea why the Idol judges loved Durbin so much. They over praised almost everything they did. Many people attribute Durbin getting sent home due to a backlash to the judges. Why was JLo crying that he was leaving the show. I'm sure we'll have to suffer through one of his over the top performances in the finale.

Why was Durbin so damn cocky. I loved this comment: "I did so much stuff that's never been done on the show before". Agreed James and let's hope no one else do those things again. He wasn't that original, he was just mediocre.

I still say Pia Toscano will be the big winner from this season. The last big star from this show who won was Carrie Underwood. David Cook has had a decent career, but I wouldn't call him a big star yet. Then the last two winners are fading quickly. Can you name either of them? I can because I pay too much attention to this show. Out of any winner I think Lee DeWyze has faded into obscurity faster than any other winner ever. He's just not meant for fame and his debut CD has songs that essentially sound alike. If Scotty McDreary wins this year, as I'm afraid he will, I expect another less than inspiring winner. I do expect McDreary to be around longer than DeWyze, but at the end of the day he will also be an "Idol" footnote.

Too bad this won't be the final season of "Idol". Next season will be at least the fourth anniversary of "Idol" jumping the shark. Now "Idol" is just tarnishing it's luster. Don't even get me going on all the filler that's now on the show.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites