Tuesday, May 17, 2011

May 10th, 2011 "American Idol" Quick Review

Hello,

At least a partial review of last night's "AI" will be coming eventually. Just a few quick thoughts. Lady Gaga was in full freak mode last night, completely bizarre behavior and makeup. Why does she like to hide behind so much makeup and such strange behavior? I thought she was well adjusted, but maybe she's still a very insecure young girl. I liked how she tried to help make James Durbin "sexy". Gaga you may be a creative genius but there's even only so much that you can do!

I love how Scotty kisses his cross when something even slightly immoral gets near him. Don't worry Scotty I don't think she was trying to corrupt you. Also you can tell Lauren is a young girl as she's frightened of using the word "evil". As Shakespeare would say, "much ado about nothing". Lauren you are just singing a lyric, you aren't actually saying you are evil. The audience knows this. "Evil" in context of the song just is telling the man not to mess around on you or you'll kick his butt.

Haley was bad on "Earth Song". When she said she was singing a Michael Jackson song, I thought she would pick "Black or White" or "They Don't Care About Us". Haley "Earth Song" is about Jackson's 50th best song and honestly it's not that inspiring. However she was absolutely amazing on "I Who Have Nothing". I don't think her version was as good as Jordin Sparks version, few "Idol" performances have been, but it was awesome.

Although I love Haley, if it was up to me she'd win, I'm fearful she's going home tonight. Randy Jackson and Jennifer Lopez continue to love everyone, whether they deserve it or not, but her. I'm so glad JLo won't be back next season and TPTB please finally get rid of the barnacle. He's been stuck to the side of the "AI" boat for too damn long.

theirritatedmusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites