Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Red Wings Rule!, "AI" Final Four Preview

Hello,

Last night I worked until 7:00 and got home right before the end of the second period of the Red Wings-Sharks game. Both teams were nice enough not to score until I started watching the game. About midway through the third period San Jose scored and I started getting worried. I admit I know next to nothing about hockey. But it seems to me when Detroit gets down a goal, they kick their game up several notches. They play wish desperation and a will to win. To paraphrase Rudy T. "Never underestimate the heart of a champion". I know there are at least a few of the Red Wings who have won the Stanley Cup. I want to give much deserved props to Red Wings goalie, Jimmy Howard. He kept the Red Wings in the match early with many spectacular saves. One final thing, it would have been so awesome to have been at the Joe last night. The crowd was so loud and the atmosphere must have been electrifying. It's fun to be at a game like that.

I also occasionally flipped over the the Hawks-Bulls game. I continue to love watching Carlos Boozer play. I especially love how he freaks out when he scores a basket. His shiny head with his large mouth open screaming like he's amazing. Then you look at his stat line. Sure he had 12 rebounds, but he also missed 7 of 11 shots. Also his defensive "effort" is severely lacking. It's amazing how many times the Hawks ran past him to the basket for easy scores. Did he hustle more? Did he try to play defense? Not really. He's not much of an asset on the offensive end and he's a major liability on the defensive end. I seriously want to know does anyone have video of Boozer playing defense?

At the end of this video is what I'm talking about in Boozer's over exuberant style:



A couple of golf notes, no I'm not becoming a golf fan. Tony Romo failed on his attempt to play in an upcoming golf tournament. Um Tony, shouldn't you be focusing on your day job? You know as quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. I know you are preparing for a wedding and that should be your #1 priority, but your #2 priority should be the Dallas Cowboys quarterback. When you got injured and the Cowboys played better without you, what does that tell you? Playoffs games and Super Bowls are won in the off season with hard work and preparation. Now would be a good time for you to find those things so that you won't choke anymore. That is if there's something that can help you with that. With Jerry Jones as general manager and Tony Romo as quarterback, Dallas has two very big liabilities preventing them from reaching Super Bowl glory.

Also one thing I've learned, live your life with awareness of karma. I try to live my life that way. I'm still waiting for karma to catch up to Scam Newton. It hasn't yet but it most ceraintly will. Tiger Woods is currently reaping the effects of karma from his lacivious lifestyle. After being the #1 PGA player for so many years, he has now slipped to #8 in the world rankings. He also hasn't won the last 19 tournaments he has been in. It's time for him to move on in life. Following Michael Jordan, he's the athlete I'm most sick of hearing about.

Tonight I have book club and I still haven't watched last night's "The Good Wife", when am I going to get "American Idol"? I'm not sure. Tonight the "AI" theme is Lieber and Stoller songs, not the most exciting theme ever. And I know when I think of Broadway the name that jumps to my mind is Lady Gaga. So obviously she'll be the mentor tonight. Can we just admit that Jimmy Iovine has been completely worthless and not have him any more? Also "AI" is 90 minutes tonight again, Fox's greed continues unabated.

Obviously Lady Gaga is on "American Idol" for both "Idol" and Lady Gaga. Gaga has her new CD coming out on May 23rd. Although I do find it a bit strange that Gaga is debuting some of her new songs through Farmville. Talk about oxymoronic. Don't worry Gaga, you are going to sell several million copies of that CD. you might sell 1 million copies it's first week of release.

I finished reading the amazing and poignant "The Art of Racing In The Rain" last night. It's one of those books that reminds me so much of why I love to read. When I get done reading a book like that, I love picking out the next book I'm going to read. That's what I did last night and the book I chose to read was Suzanne Collins "The Hunger Games". I think I had tried to read this book before and just couldn't get through it. I want to see what all the hype is about so I continued reading it last night. After reading the first 33 pages I still don't see why this book is getting so much hype. I will continue reading it for several more pages. But if it doesn't set me on fire soon I'm going to move on to another book.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites