Thursday, May 5, 2011

The McCourt Fiasco Must End ASAP!, Hollywood Undead, Great Divorce/ Break Up Song

Hello,

My "AI" review is coming later today, probably.

According to the LA Times, there are rumors that the Dodgers will be unable to make their May 31st payroll. Of course in the grand tradition of corporate America wienies, it's not McCourt's fault. I agree it's not his fault that he's an idiot.

According to ESPN.com, "If the Dodgers don't have the money, MLB would step in and make payroll and possibly seize the team from owner Frank McCourt, according to the newspaper." Bud normally I would hate a league taking over a team. Usually I'd be blogging about how stupid that is. However in this case I'm all for it. The McCourt Fiasco must end ASAP! Please Bud force him to sell.

I remember last season when the Dodgers looked like they might make a late playoff run but the Dodgers at the same time were trying to dump Manny Ramirez. I realize it would have been a long shot for them to actually make the playoffs. Although I'm wondering were the Dodgers having a cash flow problem at the time? If so did the priority become freeing up cash for McCourt over winning?

Now MLB wants to see more documents from the Dodgers. Why do I have a feeling there's going to be a lot of crap coming out now? The McCourts should have never been able to buy the Dodgers in the first place and now must be forced to sell. I also know that he made an attempt to buy the Red Sox around 2004. Thank goodness he wasn't able to. We might still be talking about the long streak without a World Series victory rather than winning 2 titles in 4 years. Boston I know your teams have had some bad luck, but be grateful for what didn't happen with McCourt.

Speaking of LA teams, who would you rather be a fan of right now? Would you rather be a Laker or a Dodger fan? The Dodgers have an idiot, immoral owner who has let his divorce become the dominant conversation in regards to Dodgers baseball. He should be grateful for Andre Ethier's 29 game hitting streak. Of course, I wonder how good of a team could be around Ethier if it wasn't for the disastrous McCourt ownership.

Meanwhile the Lakers seem to have enough money, a solid ownership group and Kobe Bryant. I'm not a big Bryant fan. But one thing you have to say for him the man is a winner and has that killer instinct. He will do what he has to do to win. Sure they are down 2-0 to Dallas, but I wouldn't be surprised to see the Lakers come back and win this series. LA knows how to play in clutch time while Dallas is better at folding than closing out the team. Also the Lakers have won the last two NBA Championships. They also have a great head coach, for at least the rest of this season.

If the Dodgers had a strong ownership group, there's no reason they couldn't have the same success. There's got to be someone in LA that loves the Dodgers and has a lot of money.

My son posted something on his facebook.com page last night about the Hollywood Undead sucking. I've listened to their music before, but I decided to listen to their newest CD again. I'm currently listening to the "American Tragedy" (Deluxe Version) CD now. Of course I'm listening to the edited version, which is nasty enough. Again I hate the unneeded profanity, but I actually quite like this CD. I'll probably buy it some day. Too bad the USA doesn't have Spotify or I would suggest you go there and check it out. Of course you can do what I do: pay $5 a month and get unlimited music from napster.com.

Here's a great divorce/break-up song. This is a song for when you start healing and you realize that the end of a relationship isn't the worst thing in the world. Songs like this are so uplifting.



Here's my favorite two lines of the song:

A locked door on a candy store is what you are
A slim chance in tight pants is what you are

Here are the full lyrics (thanks to metrolyrics.com):

Cab fare to nowhere is what you are
A white line to an exit sign is what you are
Oh but I saw in you, now I see through
Don't shed a tear for me, my life won't end without you
Long as the night will be, the sun will rise without you
A locked door on a candy store is what you are
A slim chance in tight pants is what you are
All that I loved you for, I want it more
Don't shed a tear for me, my life won't end without you
Long as the night will be, the sun will rise without you
You are giving what I'm not taking
I'm not missing what we ain't making

[ From: http://www.metrolyrics.com/dont-shed-a-tear-lyrics-paul-carrack.html ]

Oh but I saw in you, now I see through
Don't shed a tear for me, my life won't end without you
Long as the night will be, the sun will rise without you
Don't shed a tear for me, my life won't end without you
Long as the night will be, the sun will rise without you
Don't shed no tears,
I don't need a thing.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites