Friday, May 20, 2011

Let Boozer start but Gibson finish, Under appreciated songs.




Good afternoon,

Although the McCourt family continues to profess their love for the Dodgers, their team continues to flounder on the field. Yes, I think the unsettled McCourt ownership and divorce battle affects the team. A divorce really isn't over until one of the divorcees die. I would suggest to the McCourt's if they really love the Dodgers, then please disappear. Eventually MLB is going to take away the team, probably in the next several days. But until MLB does Dodgers fans a favorite, please hide. Please spare us of any more of your unneeded drama and false love for the Dodgers.

I actually watched the first half of the Bulls-Heat game Wednesday night. I had wondered when is Taj Gibson going to be a starter over Carlos Boozer? I wanted to see how logical it was for Gibson to become the starter. Earlier I had only watched brief snippets and highlights of Bulls playoff action. Here's my evaluation, let Boozer start. However I would sit Boozer in the 4th quarter. In the last Bulls game, Boozer had a very typical game. He played 27 minutes, missed 70% of his shots, grabbed 8 rebounds and was completely worthless on the defensive end. He also scored all of 7 points. Yes Chicago you paid 13 million dollars for 7 points in a playoff game and no defense all season.

Meanwhile Gibson played most of the 4th quarter and had a very emphatic dunk. He scored all 8 of his points in the 4th quarter. When he entered the game for the first time the crowd roared. He played 21 minutes but only grabbed one rebound. Gibson is one of those players I love, a blue collar player. He hustles, he fights and makes the best of every chance he gets. Meanwhile Boozer is a prima donna and has out sized reactions those times he actually does something effective.

Even Chicago Sun Times sports writer Rick Morrissey thinks that Gibson should be getting more of Boozer's minutes. So it's just not me. This isn't unprecedented. Russell Westbrook, the explosive point guard for the Thunder, sat out the entire 4th quarter last night. And he's a much better and tenacious player than Boozer.

TV update: "The Event", "No Ordinary Family" and "V" all were cancelled after only one or two seasons. Are any of those cancellations a surprise? No! "The Event" started out okay but quickly dive bombed into one of the worst story lines ever. Jason Ritter as a hero? Please. He was as convincing as an actor as Randy Jackson is as a judge. The whole story was stupid, every element of it. It was good to see Blake Underwood again on TV. I only watched about the first third of the season. I wish I would have given up earlier.

"No Ordinary Family" started out very well but quickly went downhill. I got so sick of these smart characters doing dumb things, then spending the rest of the show to fix it. When that started to happen every week it was time for me to bail. It was good to see Julie Benz and Autumn Reeser on my TV every week though. Why do I get the feeling that Reeser is a lot like her character in real life? Although I doubt she's naive as her character. I watched this show for only the first half of the season.

"V": where a good idea went to die. What was good about this show? Um, not much. Elizabeth Mitchell as an FBI agent was as believable as Paris Hilton as nuclear physicist. I only watched a few episodes of this show before I realized how stupid it was. It makes me wonder how bad are the shows that don't make it on TV when this show did.

Now on to some of the good shows of the season. "Castle" continues to be an amazing show and it's finale was awesome. Killing off a main character? That required a lot of courage, especially since Captain Montgomery was such a likable character. Although trying to make people wonder if Beckett is alive is sort of lame. Of course she's still alive, there wouldn't be a show without her. And if Stana Katic isn't the most beautiful woman on TV I don't know who is.

"The Good Wife" ended on such a good note as well. I loved that Will Gardner and Alicia Florrick finally got together. Both Josh Charles and Julianna Marguiles play their roles with so much skill. Two amazing actors inhabiting two amazing characters. I also loved that Peter Florrick was the leaker in the DA's office that helped get an innocent man a mistrial. It's good to see Archie Panjabi on my TV every week. She's an absolutely gorgeous woman who's willing to do anything to get what she needs. Is she a lesbian, a heterosexual or bi sexual? I think even she doesn't know at this point where she is sexually. Of course it doesn't matter as she's such a great character.

Finally I love "Blue Bloods", a fantastic cast. Although I hope we no longer have to hear about the Blue Templar, that was a non starter as a story for me. I just didn't care about it and it caused a weak season finale. Of course, people don't watch to find out about The Blue Templar. They watch for the excellent cast, the sly humor and the interplay between the Reagan family. I also watch because I love to see the gorgeous Bridget Monyihan as much as possible.

"Hawaii Five-O" is sort of in the middle between the good and the bad. I still haven't seen the finale of that show. When I do see Grace Park it makes me think of her role in "Battlestar Galactica", a show that is a 100 times better. Of course they don't have bikinis in space, but they are all over the place in Hawaii. And the producers of "H5-0" only need the flimsiest of reasons to put Grace Park in the flimsiest of a bikini.

Speaking of gorgeous women, Miss Aniston will you please be my boss?



After that gorgeous pictures here's some under appreciated songs:

Here's a personal favorite of late:



This song is amazing but it's such a cheesy 80's video. A video very much of it's time.



Here's the lyrics (thanks to lyricsfreak.com) :

So now love is gone
I can't t go on, love is gone
I want to say
Now it's just too late
Waited far too long

Should have told you then I knew
Should have told you right
From the start
But the words
Didn't come out right
So I'll tell you
Straight from my heart

You meant more to me
Than I let you see
You held on somehow
All your tenderness
And your sweet caress
I miss you now

But a headstrong stubborn man
Only works it out the best he can
Valentines he never sent
There's not enough time
He's a workin' man

Can't stop fallin'
Heartaches callin'
Finds you after the fall
Saints or sinners
Take no prisoners
What's left after you fall
No not much no

Oh I say love is gone
I can't go on
Now love is gone
I want to say
But it's just too late
Waited far too long

Should have told you then I knew
Should have told you right
From the start
But the words
Didn't come out right
So I'll tell you
Straight from my heart

(chorus)

No no not much
After the fall
After you fall
After you fall

Okay I know that Journey isn't know for their great lyrics, but I think their lyrics are pretty good in this song. I especially love the chorus:

Can't stop fallin'
Heartaches callin'
Finds you after the fall
Saints or sinners
Take no prisoners
What's left after you fall
No not much no

You are so right Journey, there isn't much left after you fall. Not that you would want it anymore.

Not the best band ever and one of the ugliest bands ever, but a great song:



Finally Amber Pacific's "Three Words":



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites