Monday, May 16, 2011

When is Taj Gibson going to become a starter?

Hello,

I'll be honest with you, the NBA Eastern Conference Finals gives me almost no excitement. I can't really get behind the Heat or the Bulls. I also don't hate either team enough to cheer against. I didn't watch any of last night's Game One and it looks like I missed a snoozer. I did see the highlights this morning though. I laughed as near the end of the game it seems Carlos Boozer was sitting on the bench. He was pretending like he's the good teammate by cheering and towel waving for them. Boozer only played 26 minutes last night while Gibson played 23 minutes. Gibson also had that amazing highlight dunk. So Coach T when are you just going to make Gibson the starter? Boozer has an okay offensive game, but he's virtually useless on the defensive end. Gibson may not be as talented as Boozer, but he has more heart and plays harder. I bet it's very painful for Chicago to sign paychecks for Boozer.

I will say this about the NBA playoffs, it seems like any one of the 4 remaining teams can win. They all seem pretty equal. With Oklahoma City-Dallas tipping off tomorrow, I could see the Thunder winning that series. Go Thunder!

But isn't this the most boring final 4 teams since I don't know when. Who would care about Chicago if it weren't for Derrick Rose? Who else on that team excites you? The same with Dallas, their main man is Dirk Nowitski. While a very good player, he leaves me cold. Also Jason Terry's jet routine is obnoxious. It's the most obnoxious celebration routine since Aaron Rodgers champion belt. Then Oklahoma City is fairly anonymous, although they have electrifying Kevin Durrant and Russell Westbrook. Lastly is the team that probably has the most interest and hate following LeBron's dubious announcement this past summer.

In the NHL: now that the Red Wings have been eliminated, I'm barely paying attention to their playoffs. I find that hockey can be an exciting sport as long as I have a rooting interest. Also a hard fought and well played series helps as well. That's exactly what the Detroit-San Jose series was. There were also many outstanding individual performances.

Speaking of teams with Red in their title, Boston is finally .500 for the first time all season. Boston went into the Bronx on Friday for a 3 game series with the Yankees. After a slow start to the season, the Red Sox have slowly been inching their way back to mediocrity. In spite of that they were only 17-20 record Friday morning. It seemed highly unlikely that the Red Sox would be .500 at the end of the weekend. However that is exactly what happened. With just enough pitching by Josh Beckett, Clay Buchholz and Jon Lester the Red Sox swept the Yankees. That has got to be so demoralizing for the Yankees, especially with Jorge Posada's temper tantrum. I love to see the Yankees fall apart, especially at the hands of the Red Sox.

The Red Sox need to win when Beckett, Buchholz and Lester are pitching. That's because Daisuke Matsuzaka (3-3) and John Lackey have been both mediocre at best. Guess who's starting the next two games for Boston. For Boston to win those two games their offense needs to show up again as it did in games 1 and 3 in the Yankees series. Projecting ahead a bit I could see a Phillies-Red Sox World Series. Now that would be fun.

The Yankees tanked this last weekend, speaking of tanking that's exactly what "The Green Hornet" does. I went into that movie with pretty low expectations, as people weren't exactly raving about it. However it was even worse than I expected. The worse thing about the movie is Seth Rogen. I wouldn't have so much venom for him if it wasn't the fact that he also was a co-writer. That means he's partially responsible for the boring story, the terrible acting and the horrific script. The script isn't funny, patronizing to Kato (a wasted Jay Chou, the best character in the whole lame movie) and completely unbelievable.

In this low rent movie, it had the perfect actors for two of the main roles in Rogen and Cameron Diaz. How are Rogen and Diaz still getting roles? Has she done anything relevant since "There's Something About Mary"? I never thought she was that attractive either. Anyway I would highly advise for you to stay far away from this movie.

Finally, after a strong start "The Killing" is starting to drag. I was very disappointed by last night's episode. Honestly the whole terrorism plot is stupid, where the hell did that come from? I know that terrorists are Hollywood's new favorite enemy, but that has been so overdone. That whole idea is lame and boring.

Other boring story points, the Darren Richmond campaign. I could care less if Richmond wins this election. Yawn! This is a non-starter story line for me. I thought that the Richmond story line would have been tied up early in the series. The fact that it's still going on hurts the show. Also the whole Larsen family angle has quickly become tiresome. I get that's suppose to be the emotional heart of the movie, but it's just not working at all. The last non-starter story line for me is whether Linden is going to go to California to be with her may no longer be fiance. Again another story line I just don't care about. Her son nailed that situation on the head when he said something about her not really wanting to go to California. I'm glad the writers included that line, as that's been so obvious to the viewing audience. I sensed Linden's ambivalence from the first or second episode and it wasn't just the case. Can Linden and Rick please break up asap? Also I was bored by the Holder is a recovering junkie story line.

Hopefully we can now get back to get back to the killing of Rosie Larsen, after all this show is titled "The Killing". It's not called "The Richmond Campaign" or "The Larsens Are Falling Apart" or "Boring Junkie Story". Those TV shows aren't getting made for obvious reasons. I know the show has already completed filming. I hope some of these extraneous story lines get tied up pretty soon and then we can focus on why people are watching the show in the first place.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites