Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Aftermath of Phillips Firing, With Jones in charge does it matter?

Hello,

With a few hours to think about the much needed firing of Wade Phillips, what do I think now? Obviously I agree with it to a point. A change was needed, I just don't think Jason Garrett is the answer. This is the same coach who called a play with 4 seconds left in the first half against Washington. The ball was fumbled and the Redskins returned it for a touchdown. It's been downhill since then. Dallas lost that game 13-7.

If interim remains in front of head coach I'll be alright with him. I don't think it's going to make any difference. Any sort of progress at this point would be a minor miracle. From some of what the Cowboys writers are saying, Garrett isn't the most popular person in the locker room. However Wade Phillips was very popular and look where that got him and the Cowboys. Good luck Coach Garrett going to play the 6-2 Giants. This season has been a complete waste.

Again Jerry needs to fire himself now as GM and fade into the background. I was especially concerned when he said after losing 45-7 that he could see the team wasn't doing what it needed to do to play "winning football" and that he was in "denial". Really it only took you 7 horrific losses to see that? I wondered how he couldn't see it but many other people could. Obviously it goes back to ego, how much are things going to improve with him having so much control? We'll see if he cares more about his ego or winning based on the next football coach he hires. I'm expecting another coach that will defer to Jones, which in all likelihood will make for more mediocre football.

themusicaddict






This is a friend's book, "Wilderness" he's drawing attention to the book he has written. Check it out on facebook. Here's the link: http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=304984697029 He describes the book as: "I've written a novel called “Wilderness” which I'm sending out to agents (think "Calvin and Hobbes" written by Neil Gaiman)" He also says "one who friends the group will not get any messages from me, they will just be helping a young aspiring novelist." I think that's a worthy cause.

No comments:

Favorites