Monday, November 15, 2010

Dallas finally wins again!, New Michael Jackson music

Hello,

I just want to wish my younger brother a happy birthday. Happy Birthday J.

The Dallas Cowboys finally won again! They won in an unlikely place against an unlikely team, beating the Giants in New York. The Cowboys looked much improved, although their defense still looks porous. But it does look better than when Phillips was in charge of it. The kicking game continues to be a mess. Isn't there a free agent than can do better than the current kicker? Can we bring Rafael Septien out of retirement? Just kidding, but he was the kicker when I first fell in love with the Cowboys.

In honor of the most over rated quarterback in the NFL, Eli Manning, and the New Meadowlands power problems:



Dez Bryant continues to look like another great draft pick, Roy Williams is coming into his own and Jon Kitna proves to be a more than adequate backup quarterback for the Cowboys. At 38 I know that Kitna isn't the long term answer, but I'd like to see him play the rest of the season. That's even if Romo can come back. Kitna is more mobile than I expected and he still has a rocket arm. It was good to see some production from the quarterback and no choking in clutch situations. He seems to make good decisions and not force throws trying to make the big play. Now we need to get a quarterback for the long term, Tony Romo isn't the answer!

It was good to see the Cowboys play with some swagger and to be the Cowboys that most people hate. It's good to see America's Team play with some pride again! Now I know it's only one game and even if Dallas wins the rest of their games they aren't going to the playoffs. I'd just like to see them build and prepare for next season.

Jason Garrett's team looked better than anyone had the right to expect. However I'm still a little more than skeptical that he's the long-term answer. What's clear is that Jerry Jones let Wade Phillips stick around too long. Of course, if it had been up to me, he'd never been hired in the first place. Let's hope Jones doesn't make the same bad decision with Tony Romo. In other words it's time to find a real quarterback.

Here's some new Michael Jackson music:

There's been some argument in the media whether this is Michael Jackson singing or not. It sounds like MJ to me and I love this song:



This is the first single off his new CD, due one month from yesterday. This song is called "Hold My Hand". My first impression was that it's an okay song, but it's slowly growing on me. I have two questions, why is Akon on this? Second what is an Akon? Both songs are better than I think anyone had any right to expect, close to the quality of his early 90's music.



We celebrated my brother's birthday yesterday, he received a bunch of music and movies. For one he received tickets to see Sara Bareilles in concert. My brother usually has pretty good taste in music. Thanks to my friends at napster.com I checked out a couple of CDs by Miss Bareilles. I've never quite understood why people like her. "Love Song" is a great song, but what else does she have? And how entertaining can she be in concert?

I listened to her new CD, "Kaleidoscope Heart". It's kind of boring and the song "King of Anything" is alright. But it's not worth $1.29 to buy it on iTunes. I also listened to her live CD "Between the Line: Sara Bareilles Live at the Fillmore". She's got a nice perky personality, but it's not enough to cover up for a lot of bland music. The three highlights of her set were "Love Song" (of course), "Bottle It Up" and "Sittin' On The Dock of The Bay". She closes her set with "Gravity". I think that's a good title for that song as it drags me down to the depths of boredom.

iTunes is suppose to make a big announcement tomorrow. rollingstone.com has a few ideas, one of them is, "We're rooting for an all-you-can-eat subscription service: about $10 a month to access the entire iTunes catalog on your computer, iPod and iPhone." (Thanks to rollingstone.)

That could be it or it might be that the Beatles are finally coming to iTunes. That was my initial thought. I hope not, I'd like for the Beatles to just go away. Well whatever it is, you can find out tomorrow at 10:00am EST.

Last night was Episode 3 of Season 1 of "The Walking Dead". This show is now halfway through it's first season. After two amazing episodes, am I the only one that was a little bored by last night's episode? It seems once the story gets out to the camp, it slows down. I couldn't wait for Rick Grimes and the 3 others to get back to Atlanta last. Although it was nice for Rick to find his family again and I was surprised by how happy Lori was to see Rick. I thought she was faking her enthusiasm at first. The previews make next week's episode look like it's going back to some more butt kicking action. Seemingly we have Zombies attacking the camp and Rick et al. run into another group of not necessarily friendly survivors. They probably won't be made any friendlier by anyone with the last name of Dixon. Where is Merle at?If the Zombies got to him, there should be something left behind like clothes etc. The only thing was a severed hand. I'm guessing he escaped, but how did he get down from the roof? I expect to see him again soon. I'd also like to read the comic books also. I just wish they weren't so expensive or were at the library.

I also watched a episode of "The Defenders" recently and it was pretty weak. I'm going to watch 1 or 2 more episodes though before making a final decision. Speaking of pretty weak, "The Event" is going to play out it's initial set of 13 episodes and then its going to be tweaked a bit. Actually I have a better idea, just cancel it now. That show blows and it has no hope of gaining relevance. With the ratings dropping like the IQ of anyone watching it, there's no way it will come back for a second season. "The Event" is mindless entertainment on Monday night.

If you want to watch mindless entertainment on Monday night, watch "Hawaii Five-0". "Hawaii Five-0" knows what it is. It's a cop show with the Hawaii twist. The cast is far superior to "The Event". Also the stories are much better, I enjoyed last week's episode very much.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites