Wednesday, November 3, 2010

"Lost", "One Day"

Hello,

LostLost by Gregory Maguire

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Wow this book is absolutely bizarre. We start off with Winnie Rudge at an organization called Forever Families. It's an organization that helps people with international adoptions. Next thing I know Winnie has flown to England to hope to kickstart herself to write a book. Then we have all sorts of weird things happen. We have hauntings, superstitious repairmen, missing cousins, killer cats. Meanwhile we have flashbacks to Winnie's previous life and then to the life of someone that died about 600 years ago. It's very weird, strange stuff. I wouldn't go out of my way to recommend it, but it also isn't the worst book I've read. I'm sure there's an audience for this book, I just don't know who that would be.



View all my reviews

Next I'll probably start reading David Nicholls' "One Day", I believe it's being made into a movie starring the lovely Natalie Portman.

This is a friend's book, "Wilderness" he's drawing attention to the book he has written. Check it out on facebook. Here's the link: http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=304984697029 He describes the book as: "I've written a novel called “Wilderness” which I'm sending out to agents (think "Calvin and Hobbes" written by Neil Gaiman)" He also says "one who friends the group will not get any messages from me, they will just be helping a young aspiring novelist." I think that's a worthy cause.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites