Saturday, November 27, 2010

Disappointment, BYU-Utah, Cam Newton

Hello,

I had my kids here last night and a couple of them sleep in the room where I usually watch TV. That usually isn't a big deal but I wanted to watch the end of the Boise St. Nevada game. Thanks to ESPN3 and my laptop I was able to watch the end of it. Thanks ESPN!

Now on to the very disappointing loss by BSU to Nevada. Let's first talk about Nevada. I love how people kept on calling that game the biggest game in Nevada football history. That's not saying much and exactly what history are they talking about? Ah remember their great years, how about that year they...? Oh yeah, they don't have any years when they did anything nationally significant. Their basketball team at least has had some impact, but their football team has been a joke. I keep on waiting for Public Enemy to come out and sing "Nevada Football Is A Joke".

One of Nevada's biggest games in history was a 0-0 tie.... in 1923! Nevada has only played in 10 bowl games in their history, 8 of those since 1992. They've lost their last 4 bowl games and only have won 3 of their 10 bowl games. Like I said, what history? Chris Vargas is one of the greatest quarterbacks in Nevada history. Have you ever heard of him, either have I. I keep on hearing about this Hall-of-Fame coach, Chris Ault. How do you become a Hall-of-Fame coach without making an impact on national consciousness?

Nevada wasn't even Division 1-A until 1992! Last night they rose up and clawed their way to victory. Props for that. Although that game was more of Boise State losing, rather than Nevada winning. BSU's field goal kicker missed two chip shot field goals, the first of which would have won the game. BSU will now close out their regular season by taking their anger out on pathetic Utah State. They will then be relegated to a third tier bowl game by the BCS apologists with a smug-Dick Cheney smile on their face.

Nevada will go on the road to play Louisiana Tech in a relatively meaningless game. Then they will also be relegated to a third tier bowl game. Nevada will resume their non-history by joining the irrelevant MWC next season. The conference that will be dominated by TCU and BSU until they leave to hopefully join real conferences. Seniors Colin Kaepernick and Vai Taua will end their careers in a meaningless bowl game and Nevada football will go back to mediocrity. Thank goodness, Nevada fans are obnoxious.

Yesterday someone asked me who I thought was going to win the BYU-Utah game. I said I'm a BYU fan, but I think that Utah will win. I predict Utah will win for three main reasons. Utah has the better team, Utah will be playing at home and Utah is always fired up when they play BYU. Utah becomes 2 or 3 times better when they play BYU and they are a pretty good team this year. Other reasons for my Utah prediction. BYU isn't a very good team this season. I know they have a winning record, but that has been against a bunch of terrible Mountain West Conference teams. (Thank goodness BYU and Utah are leaving this terrible conference behind.) Also BYU is starting a true freshman quarterback, Jake Heaps. He's had his moments but he's a freshman quarterback.

The more I think about it I think Utah wins in a blowout. I plan on watching at least part of it, but I probably won't watch the whole thing. It's been a heart breaking sports weekend for me so far. I've been disappointed with Dallas and Boise State losing and with Auburn winning. When is karma going to rise up and slap down Auburn? I hope it's before they lose to Oregon in the BCS National Championship Game.

I think in a few years we'll find out about all the crap that Cam Newton has been doing and that the NCAA will vacate this season. That's too bad for the team that loses out playing in the BCS National Championship game because of what highly likely is an illegible player. Where there's smoke, there's usually fire. Let's review: The following are allegations, otherwise known as smoke. First, it seems his father has been soliciting money from who knows how many schools. Second Newton stole a laptop and when confronted about it by the police threw it out the window. Third, by some reports he has cheated on at least 3 papers.

Not only are the these the allegations, but he also hasn't been smart about it. He threw the laptop out the window? Really? Did he really think that was going to work? Then he got a paper off of the Internet and signed his name to it. Also who knows what else he has done? He's a cheater and not even very smart about it. Auburn is that who you really want representing your university? Of course with SEC football, it's often said, "If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying." You gotta love those BCS teams.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites