Wednesday, November 10, 2010

What is "Mandinka" about?, Fergie, It's Time For New Music

Hello,



Thanks to Sing365.com here are the lyrics:

I'm dancing the seven veils
Want you to pick up my scarf
See how the black moon fades
Soon I can give you my heart
I don't know no shame
I feel no pain
I can't see the flame
But I do know Man-din-ka
I do know Man-din-ka
I do know Man-din-ka
I do
They're throwing it all this way
Dragging it back to the start
And they say, "See how the glass is raised?"
I have refused to take part
I told them "drink something new"
Please let me pull something through
I don't know no shame
I feel no pain
I can't
I don't know no shame
I feel no pain
I can't see the flame
But I do know Man-din-ka
I do know Man-din-ka
I do know Man-din-ka
I do
I do
I do
I say I do
Soon I can give you my heart
I swear I do
Soon I can give you my heart
I do
Mandinka
Soon I can give you my heart
Soon I can give you my heart
Soon I can give you my heart

Thanks to songmeanings.net this is what pianocomposer thinks the lyrics mean. He posted this on 03-28-2008.

Mandinka is a African tribal reference. Raising a glass is a ritual toast of celebration. Doing the dance of the seven veils is a sexual ritual that indicates women are ready for romance/sex. This song is about how she is ready to "give her heart" to someone not just with her body but with her soul. This is a coming of age song for Sinead.



I heard the above song this morning. This is Fergie's "Finally", off her first and only CD. I know she's busy working with Black Eyed Peas, but Fergie it's time for a new CD. The Black Eyed Peas new CD "The Beginning" will be out November 30th. The first song "The Time (Dirty Bit) is based on a sample from the Jennifer Warnes/Bill Medley song "I've Had The Time of My Life". Yes, the song from "Dirty Dancing". (Thanks to amazon.com.)

Here it is:



The above song kind of blows, maybe it will grow on me. First of all Fergie has such an amazing, powerful voice. Second of all I hate autotune. Maybe Will.i.am needs it but Fergie doesn't. I also realized the Black Eyed Peas aren't on my Top 50. If I had remembered them they almost assuredly would be on it. I also somehow left out Prince, I can't believe I forgot him. He should be on anyone's Top 50 just for the "Purple Rain" soundtrack alone.

Back to Fergie, her first CD was packed with so many songs. Please start working on your next CD soon.

"Big Girls Don't Cry"



"Fergalicious"



"All That I Got (The Make Up Song)"



She mentions Taco Bell in this song, go Fergie! "Glamorous":



"London Bridge":



"Clumsy":



"Pedestal"



Yes all those songs are from the same CD. One of the best CDs of this century's first decade. A highlight of what was a craptastic decade of bad music. She also sings on the following song on Slash's solo CD. This song is one of the best songs on that CD. Here it is "Beautiful Dangerous":



The above song absolutely rocks. She also has all of her own classic songs plus all those classic songs she made with Black Eyed Peas like "Meet Me Halfway" and "Don't Phunk With My Heart". It's time to get back to work Fergie.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites