Thursday, November 18, 2010

You must read "Born To Run".

Born to Run: A Hidden Tribe, Superathletes, and the Greatest Race the World Has Never SeenBorn to Run: A Hidden Tribe, Superathletes, and the Greatest Race the World Has Never Seen by Christopher McDougall

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



I started this book on October 22nd.

Page 84: The only reason I picked up this book is because it's the next monthly choice of the book club I'm going to start going to in November. In no way did I think this book about running of all things would be interesting. I've pleasantly been surprised. This is a gripping story about running and several other things shooting off that. I anticipate I'll be finished with this book easily before Halloween. This is one of the reasons I love book clubs. It forces me to read a book that I would have never read, perhaps I wouldn't even have heard of it.

I was reading through this book too fast. I stopped and read "One Day", because wanted to have "Born To Run" fresh in my mind for when we have bookclub on November 17th. After almost not reading it for 3 weeks, I picked it back up today. Really who knew a book about ultrarunning could be so fun. It's one of those books where I keep on thinking I will quit at the end of the next chapter. However I get to the end and keep on reading. The reading of the book is similar to the amazing runners that inspired the book in the first place.

This book is absolutely one of the books I've ever read. Who would have thought a book about running could be so damn entertaining? Everything leads up to the big race at the end of the book organized by Caballo Blanco. You definitely need to read this book. It doesn't matter if you are a runner or not and you may be after reading this book. This book is enthusiastic and inspiring it almost makes a fat old man want to run, almost.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Favorites