Saturday, November 20, 2010

The Top 50 finally continues

Hello,

23) Rolling Stones: They are up 12 notches from my first poll and I have 92 of their songs on my iTunes. A band that unfortunately I've never been able to see live. With all the recent hype of the Beatles coming to iTunes, the excitement for better bands was diminished. The Rolling Stones are a blues and rock band. A gritty version of the Beatles. The Rolling Stones were built to last with some of the greatest songs of all-time. Here's a selection.

"Gimme Shelter":



Probably the most gorgeous of all Rolling Stones songs, "Wild Horses":



Mick breaks out the guitar in this live version of "Miss You":



"Beast of Burden":



One of their more gritty songs, this is a truly unappreciated Rolling Stones song. "Honky Tonk Woman":



22) The Smiths, the kings of mope rock. They are down 4 from my previous Top 50 and I have 50 of their songs on my iTunes. Another band that unfortunately I've never seen live in concert. They were here and gone before I could understand what their appeal was. Like Bob Marley I had to get a bit older to truly appreciate them. When picking videos for a band, I like to avoid their most obvious songs. That's why I didn't include "Satisfaction" for the Rolling Stones. But I do need to include "How Soon Is Now" for the Smiths. Such an amazing song.



Yes it would be hard not to fall in love with a woman that loves the Smiths, especially one as gorgeous as Zooey. This is another amazing song: "There Is A Light That Never Goes Out":



My favorite line in the following song is, "Writing frightening verse to a bucktooth girl in Luxembourg". "Ask":



This song also has a great line, "Girlfriend in a coma. I know, I know, it's really serious". This is "Girlfriend In A Coma":



The loving Smiths and their love of djs. "Panic"



"Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want":



21) Dio: They/he move up 5 notches and I have 40 of their/his songs on my iTunes. According to wikipedia.org Dio is the Italian word for God. Take that as you will. Dio died a few months ago unfortunately. I blogged about him on his death. After he died, many people said he was one of the nicest people they'd ever met. A man that sung almost to the end of his life. He sang the role of Dr. X on "Operation Mindcrime 2". I highly doubt how cheesy these videos would look 20 years down the road. They rocked though and Dio had a great voice. From the concert videos I've seen, his live shows lacked a bit of excitement though. I was never able to see him live. R.I.P. RJD.

"Holy Diver":



Here's some more cheese on one of Dio's best songs, "The Last In Line":



Here's one of their songs live "Rainbow In The Dark":



What is up with the Howie Mandel lookalike with the hand on his head? Anyway here's "Stand Up and Shout":



"Egypt (The Chains Are On)":



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites