Thursday, December 9, 2010

"Antigone Rising", More Music From The Mists of Time from Gen X 101.9 SLC

Hello

Apparantally this band is still recording, but why haven't we heard more about Antigone Rising? Their 2005 CD "From The Ground Up" is excellent. Why isn't their music getting more promotion? I'd completely forgot about them until one of their songs played randomly on my iTunes. Here's some of their better songs.



This is "Don't Look Back":



I would have more videos here, but they virtually have no presence on youtube.com. The most views they have for one of their videos is 12,000+. In a world where Susan Boyle can get millions of hits, why is Antigone Rising getting so few? Their record company/ publicist obviously need to do a much better job. As of this writing Susan Boyle's debut on "Britains Got Talent" has 54,597,309 views.

With great bands like Antigone Rising get virtually no notice it makes me want to promote them. Unrecognized and great bands like them are one of the main reasons that I write this blog. You need to buy their amazing "From The Ground Up".

This is Dead or Alive who had a few big hits in the Mid-80's. Then as many bands from that era disappeared. Their debut CD is amazing. If you are wanting to go through some nostalgia or back into the mists of time, pick up "Youthquake" at a local independent record shop. If you live in Utah, Greywhale is a great choice.They are more known for "You Spin Me (Right Round)" but Dead or Alive's "Brand New Lover" is just as good:



Whatever happened to Meredith Brooks? This is her most famous video and it only has 10,000 plus hits. I'm not writing the title of this song, because I hate the word. In this video, the director obviously is going for the sexy. That doesn't really work with this song though, does it?



This is Jason Mraz's "The Remedy (I Won't Worry)".



Here's an absolutely amazing song. Evanescence's "My Immortal":



The Black Crowes "Hard To Handle":



One of the most beautiful songs of this era, Sting's "If I Ever Lose Me Faith In You":



Jimmy Eat World's "The Middle". This is the video featuring lyrics as the actual video is R rated, this is no more than a PG blog.



Nine Days "Absolutley (Story of a Girl)":



I absolutely love this radio station, the first time I've said that about a radio station in a long time. 95% of the songs they play are either amazing or at least interesting. But they also have some terrible choices as well, which I will not be providing the videos for. Some of their bad choices include Linear's "Saving All My Love". This is either one of the worst videos or all-time, it's unintentional comedy scale is off the charts. The people in this video are the very definition of poseur. I don't even remember this song, do you? Of course maybe I've repressed this video.

Where did they get the lame "Too Close" by Next from. I know this time range had some oddities, but this is terrible. Thank you for not playing any Coldplay, but can you not play anymore Foo Fighters? Both are very mediocre, if I'm being generous, bands.

Oh yeah and Counting Crows have more great songs besides "Mr Jones". For instance "A Long December" and "The Rain King".

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites