Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Songs Rockin' My iPod

Hello,

I try to exercise anywhere from 4 to 6 times a week. When I exercise I watch ESPN, what else is there on that early in the morning? I also listen to my iPod. These are the songs rocking my iPod of late. Sometimes these songs come up randomly as I'm listening to iTunes on my laptop as well.

The last song I heard this morning on my iPod is this amazing song. It's well deserving of the nearly 22,000,000 hits it has received at youtube.com. 1) Shontelle's "Impossible:



2) "Everybody, Everybody"- Black Box
3) "Break Out"- Swing Out Sister This is just as good of a song as "Impossible" but it only has 110,000 hits at youtube.com. I love the horns in this song. Gen X 101.9, this would be a good song to add to your playlist.



4) "Bullet In Your Head"- Rage Against The Machine
5) "Cars"- Gary Human, Most definitely an under rated and nearly forgotten 80's classic. Another great song for 101.9 to add to their play list. This song has close to 3.4 million youtube.com hits. Why does this song, about the same length of time out has about 30 times more views than "Break Out"?



6) "Fergalicious"- Fergie Hey Fergie we need more of your solo fergalicious music, especially when they are as good as this song. This is just one of the many amazing songs on this CD. This song has over 17,500,000 youtube hits.



7) "Ice Ice Baby"- Vanilla Ice Is it incredibly uncool to still like this song, its great to exercise to.
8) "Talkin' 'Bout A Revolution"- Tracy Chapman This amazing song comes from her debut CD. It has almost 4,500,000 youtube hits. "Fast Car" is the big hit from that CD, but there were many great songs on it. Definitely needs to be added to your collection and the 101.9 play list. I love this live version.



Whatever happened to Tracy Chapman, En Vogue, Neneh Cherry...?

9) "Calm Like A Bomb"- Rage Against The Machine Another band with an amazing debut CD, great for catharsis.
10) "Sin Wagon"- The Dixie Chicks Natalie Maines, what an amazing voice. Only 68,000 views?



11) "Batman Theme"- Danny Elfman 187,000 youtube hits.



12) "After The Fall"- Journey
13) "Crucify"- Tori Amos
14) "Hot Hot Hot"- Buster Poindexter 895,000 youtube hits.



15) "Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'"- The amazing Michael Jackson. Almost 5.7 million youtube hits.



16) "Money Changes Everything"- Cyndi Lauper This is an old school video. 500,000 hits.



17) "The World Is Full of Crushing Bores"- Morrissey Only 30,000 youtube hits. How can a song this great have so few hits?



18) "Unchained"- Van Halen
19) "Rockstar"- Nickelback I know I'm not a big fan of Nickelback. However I think this song is pretty cool. I won't torture you with a video for this song, especially a live video.
20) "Empty Sky"- Bruce Springsteen One of the many amazing songs from Springsteen's 9/11 record, "The Rising". Only 69,000 youtube hits.



themusicaddict

1 comment:

Justin M said...

Much to my dismay, it appears that 101.9 has returned to their old format.

Favorites