Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Liz Phair, humor means funny not stupidity, Let's Go Back Into the Mists of Time

Hello,

Still nothing more in the ongoing chase to track down the name of Jimmy Marsh's song from the December 3rd, 2010 episode of "Blue Bloods". I've came across tweets by Donnie Wahlberg tweeting about that song and how it was in his show. However he doesn't happen to mention the title of the song.

I read an interview yesterday with Liz Phair in the November, 2010 Spin. They were talking about her rap CD. No, I'm not kidding. Yes, the Liz Phair famous for "Exile in Guyville". In the article she mentioned something about the interviewer understanding the CD is funny, not serious. But Liz it's not funny, it's just stupid. Not every song is a rap song, but the other songs are weak and mediocre pop. I could only listen to the first two or three songs on "Funstyle".

"Funstyle" is possibly this year's worst CD. It's shameful that Phair even released it. This is the only song I will subject you to:



I only gave the above CD a shot because I loved her 2003 self-titled CD. I listened to that CD again yesterday and it's still amazing. She received a lot of crap for that because it's a pure pop CD. She got far away from her roots. In my opinion that's easily her best CD, much better than "Exile In Guyville".

After "Liz Phair" she released 2005's mind numbingly boring "Somebody's Miracle". This is just a terrible CD as well. Maybe she only releases one good CD every 10 years or so. Liz I'm expecting big things in 2013. I don't hate Liz Phair, but she has made some extremely bad music choices.

Here are a few videos from her amazing 2003 self-titled CD. This CD is definitely worth your hard earned money.





I love this song, "Rock Me":



She also has a great song called "Take A Look", I couldn't bring myself to add it, as the song is set to scenes from "Sex and the City". Here's "Firewalker" instead:



Back in to the mists of time, thanks to my friends at 101.9FM Gen X Radio, Salt Lake City. I head this "epic" song coming to work this morning.



When In Rome's "The Promise":



My apologies for referring to Mark Wahlberg as Donnie Wahlberg in my blog yesterday. Let's go back with some old school Mark Wahlberg. The amazing singer is Loleatta Holloway, what an amazing, powerful voice.



Thank you 101.9 for finally playing this Depeche Mode song. You need to listen to this song where there's a thumping pass to get the true greatness of this song.



Now maybe 101.9 you can start playing this Depeche Mode song:



Goo Goo Dolls "Black Balloon":



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites