Friday, December 24, 2010

Review of Tana French's "The Likeness"

Hello,

I resumed reading this book November 30th. After being away from this book for a couple of months I'm now going to finish it.

December 23rd, 2010. After finishing reading Greg Iles "Turning Angel", this book is a bit of a downer. I read "Turning Angel" in a few days. I've been working on "The Likeness" for a few months now. I'm not dying to know how "The Likeness" ends. However I would like to know, I intended on finishing last night. It just didn't have enough to overcome my tiredness. I read 35 more pages last night and will probably finish it on Christmas Eve. I'm anxious to get reading Greg Iles "The Quiet Game".

Tana French seems to have a lot of die hard fans, however I'm not one of them. This will probably be the first and last of her books I'll read, that is if I finish this one. The idea behind this book, I thought was really cool, however the execution isn't so hot. Maybe it will have a fantastic ending and I will change my mind. Although I doubt that, but I will give the book a chance.

Well the ending was very well written, very poignant. But I'm put off, we went through 466 pages and this person that was killed and it was an accident. There wasn't much of a payoff. I don't think I'm going to read a Tana French novel again. She came highly recommended but I just don't get it.

Now hopefully I can sink my teeth into a much more satisfying read.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites