Saturday, December 11, 2010

Crystal Bowersox Rules!, Second Vacated Heisman, Cinderella

Hello,

Crystal Bowersox appeared on The Tonight Show last night. She sang the first single off her debut CD, "Farmer's Daughter". It's kind of strange for a first single, but it's a good song. But what really sells the song for me is she sings it with so much passion and she has such a powerful voice. I'm counting down the days until her CD is released, this Tuesday. She's easily one of the best contestants from the last few seasons of "American Idol". Enjoy!



Disclaimer: I obviously don't know the complete truth and about Cam Newton and his Dad shopping him around. I'm going on what's in the public record, what my gut and instincts tell me and common sense. I hope some of the Heisman voters considered Newton's possible guilt when voting. I'd like for this not to be as much of a blowout as everyone expects it to be.

Today the Heisman Award is probably going to be awarded to Cameron Newton. After he wins I'd like to see the Heisman Trust perform a vacating the Heisman ceremony. While the NCAA has ruled that Newton is eligible, does anyone really think he deserves to be? ESPN.com had an interesting poll about whether Newton would have to give back the Heisman and 40%+ predicted he would have to. It took 5 years for the truth to come out about Reggie Bush, hopefully it won't take that long with this Cam Newton situation. Then the house of cards that Auburn's season is built on will collapse. I don't care about the damage to the Auburn program that will happen, I'm much more concerned about all the others that lost out because Newton got away with cheating.

Top 50 continued:

17) Cinderella, they moved up 29 notches from my first Top 50 and I have 37 of their songs on my iTunes. One of the many rock bands that exploded in the 80's. They are lumped with such other bands as Poison (41), Ratt (NR), Def Leppard (upcoming), Motley Crue (upcoming) and Warrant (27). The numbers in parenthesis indicate where the artist is in my Top 50. I saw them back in the day and they were very good. I remember Tom Keifer coming down from the rafters playing piano for "Don't Know What You Got (Til' It's Gone)". Interestingly enough Cinderella only has 4 real CDs. By a real CD I mean a CD with original music, not a greatest hits set or a live set. On Napster they have 4 Greatest Hits CDs and 3 live CDs. Can you tell what's an easy way for a band and record company to make easy money? Many of those type of CDs are released around Christmas season. Here are some of their better songs.

Tom Keifer is proof even ugly guys can become rock stars.

Here's their most famous song and probably my favorite of their songs as well:



The following is an amazing song, but the backing singers are mediocre. "Nobody's Fool":



This video is from 1986, I'd love to go back in time and catch some of these shows live. Not just Cinderella but all the other great 80's bands. This is "Shake Me":



"Somebody Save Me":



This is a little more of their blues sound. By far Cinderella was the bluesiest rock band of the 80's. "Fallin' Apart At The Seams":



"Bad Seamstress Blues":



This is from just a few months ago, "Gypsy Road":





themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites