Sunday, December 5, 2010

Song from "Blue Bloods", Crystal Bowersox's CD release is closer, BCS travesty continues (Updated 10/3/14)

Hello,

Update: this has finally been confirmed. Thanks to "kitty lover" on Yahoo answers, we now know the name of this song. It is Jimmy Marsh's "Goin' Out Tonight". The CD is titled "Redemption", it was released on March 1st, 2012. The digital CD is available at amazon.com for $8.99. My thanks to "kitty lover".

I had at least 4 people come across my blog looking for information on the song featured in this past Friday's night episode of "Blue Bloods". It's episode 10 of season 1, the episode is called "After Hours". The song is heard multiple times in that episode, at least I think it's the same song. If you'd like to watch the episode or hear the song go here:

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/blue_bloods/video/?vs=Full%20Episodes

The song has the chorus, "We're going out tonight" and it's a rap song. I searched through google.com, yahoo answers and youtube.com. I also watched most of this episode again trying to figure out the song. I found several songs that were close, but none of the songs were the one featured in the episode. Other than two songs, the songs that came closest were pretty lame. These included songs by Cypress Hill, I googled the line "can't get the best of me" which is in a song in a different part of the show.

I came across a song from a person named Lethal Bizzle, that song is called "Going Out Tonight". The video is extremely sexist and misyongistic. Basically a bunch of hot ladies washing a jeep while I talentless rapper raps. I also came across a band by the name of Frenzal Rhomb, their song is "We're Going Out Tonight". Finally I came across a song by Tom Novy. If I made any mistakes about the musicians in this paragraph I apologize. I'd never heard of any of these musicians before.

I came across the excellent song from "Rent" called "Out Tonight", but I knew it wasn't that song. I thought it might be the following song, it's certainly the closest. The other decent song I stumbled across during my search was this Taio Cruz song:



When themusicaddict figures it out, I'll certainly post it here.

Also thanks to the best "American Idol" website on the 'net, mjsbigblog.com. They have a link to Crystal Bowersox's debut CD, "Farmer's Daughter". It's at France's amazon.com. Here's the link: http://www.amazon.fr/Farmers-Daughter-Explicit-digital-booklet/dp/B004F4O51W/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=dmusic&qid=1291497350&sr=1-2&tag=fr80130100-21 You can listen to 30 seconds of all 12 songs. It seems like it's going to be a very good CD, by the real winner of Season 9 of "American Idol". (Yes technically I know she didn't win, but do you think anyone else is going to be a bigger star?) I love her funky take on "For What It's Worth". Other highlights include the title track "Farmer's Daughter", "Kiss Ya" and "Ridin' With The Radio". Of all the seemingly great CDs out this Christmas season, this is the only one I'm going to go out and buy on it's first day of release.

The question about who Utah would be playing in the Vegas Bowl was answered last night. In another travesty caused by the stupidity of the BCS, one of the best teams in college football is relegated to the Vegas Bowl. That team being Boise State. BSU will win this game by at least 3 touchdowns if they play with any motivation. BSU is clearly the superior team. I say this as an University of Utah alumni.

Utah is also being relegated to this bowl game because of the horrible MWC allegiances. Again thank goodness Utah is going to a real conference and leaving the pathetic MWC behind. Utah will have a struggle on their hands. Not only that but Utah's starting quarterback, Jordan Wynn, won't be playing due to injury. That doesn't mean all is lost for Utah though. The U's back up quarterback, Terrance Cain, is 9-1 as a starter. The game will be played on Wednesday, December 22nd. themusicaddict's early pick: BSU 38-17.

Meanwhile in the Irrelevancy Bowl, it will be 6-6 BYU vs. 6-6 UTEP. The sub name of that bowl is the New Mexico Bowl. That game will be played on December 18th. themusicaddict's early pick: Are you kidding I have no idea who's going to win this game.

The AP Top 25 is just out, this poll once again shows the collusion currently going on in the halls of power in college football. Conveniently UConn has moved into the AP's Top 25. Isn't that amazing how that happened, especially on the day the BCS is going to name it's BCS Bowl Participants. Now when the BCS announces the participation of non deserving UConn's, they'll be able to say they're in the Top 25 at least. All I can say is that's a bunch of BCS.

themusicaddict

1 comment:

Latina babe said...

I want to know what is the name of the reggaeton song played on blue bloods season 1 episode 7

Favorites