Monday, December 6, 2010

Second Update on "Were Goin Out Tonight" from "Blue Bloods" (Updated 10/3/2014)

Hello,

Update: this has finally been confirmed. Thanks to "kitty lover" on Yahoo answers, we now know the name of this song. It is Jimmy Marsh's "Goin' Out Tonight". The CD is titled "Redemption", it was released on March 1st, 2012. The digital CD is available at amazon.com for $8.99. My thanks to "kitty lover".

Philothea has come to themusicaddict's rescue, identifying the artist who sings "We're Going Out Tonight":

"I did some sleuthing and figured out who did the song that "Danny" sings to on Blue Bloods. Originally, my husband and I joked that it was perhaps an NKOTB song since they're on tour again. Then we thought maybe it was a Donnie Wahlberg himself. We were dying to know since it was so... obviously a plug for the music.

But it's neither. It's a song by Jimmy Marsh. Donnie Wahlberg has collaborated with this artist, and even has him featured on his club mix "Rise and Grind".

I did a lot of digging to find out the name of that silly track. I think the title might be the same as the lyrics mentioned, but I'm not sure. I'll tell you one thing, though. It's a stroke of marketing genius, that's for sure!"

Thanks very much Philothea. As Philothea indicated she spent a bit of time finding that information. I'd also spent a couple of hours trying to find out who sang the song. I'd come across a similar name, but the name I had was Jimmy Walsh. Jimmy Marsh only has one CD and amazon.com doesn't have any available. I listening to that CD "Feel My Passion" on napster.com. I've listened to all the songs on that CD, but none of those songs are the one we are trying to identify. His singing style is consistent though with the song I'm looking for.

If this is some kind of marketing gimmick, I'm not sure what the goal is. The song is very obscure. I still haven't found out what the title is. Typically new music comes out on Tuesdays, I'm thinking this may be an attempt to bring that song some attention. However if that's the case, why doesn't this song have more of a web presence?

When I want to find out the title of a song it's usually a very simple process. I go to google.com, type in the main words of the song and google tells me the title of the song. That didn't work and even after work by multiple people, we are only beginning to put the pieces together.

I'm continuing to search. I don't really expect to get an answer back from cbs.com, but I sent in a question asking them anyway.

I'd also like to thank Philothea reminding me that the actor that plays Danny is actually DONNIE Wahlberg. My apologies to anyone who was offended.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites