Friday, December 10, 2010

Top 50 Continued: Journey, Buckcherry and Rihanna

Hello,

I haven't updated my all time Top 50 bands since November 20th, so here are some more in my Top 50. We will start with one of the 80's greatest bands, Journey. Again this Top 50 the main tie breaker and where a performer is in the Top 50 is based on how they are as a live person.

20) Journey: They are down 6 spots from my first Top 50, I have 97 of their songs on my iTunes. I've seen them in concert three or four times. The first time I saw them with Steve Perry on their Escape tour, that was an amazing concert. I also saw them with Steve Augeri, but I haven't seen them in concert with their new singer Arnel Pineda yet. Journey goes through lead singers like Elizabeth Taylor goes through husbands.

Here are some of their better selections:

I'll start off with one of their newer and better songs, this is "After All These Years":



Pineda is a good singer, but my favorite Journey singer will always be Steve Perry, so those are the videos that are going to dominate this blog:



Probably my favorite Journey song, "Anyway You Want It" live with Steve Perry:



Another great song from the classic Journey lineup, "Who's Crying Now":



I know Journey had a lot of mellow, poppy songs. But when they wanted to rock, they certainly did like "Stone in Love":



"Lovin', Touchin', Squeezin":



19) Buckcherry: They are the 7th debut on my list starting with # 50. I have 22 of their songs on my iTunes. I was working on this list when I went and saw these guys in concert. I saw them with the #50 band on my list, Three Days Grace. Buckcherry will probably be on my Top 50 but probably nowhere this high. The worst band of the night but the headliner was Nickelback. You won't be seeing Nickelback on my Top 50, in fact they probably wouldn't be on my Top 200 list. They only have a few good songs and they absolutely suck in concert. Nickelback is up there with Heart as one of the worst headliners I've ever seen live. I was disappointed by Whitney Houston live as well.

Anyway Buckcherry could've been a lot better live, the sound was terrible. However they played with passion and have more good songs than Nickelback. Here's some of the better songs from Josh Todd and the boys.

"Next 2 You":



This is just a great, great song. This is my favorite song of theirs "Sorry":



Although the sound on this is terrible, this is a great, great song as well, "Everything". I love the shots of the less than excited audience members. Maybe they are recovering from Nickelback hangover.



Yes I know I'm obviously not including one of their most popular songs, but the "Crazy" song has less than desirable language and morality. I also couldn't find a video for another great song, "Back In The Day". The following song is "Onset":



Rihanna, she's the 8th debut on this list, only 2 more debuts to go. I have 55 of her songs on my iTunes. Sometimes I look at my own list and think to myself, what is that artist higher. That's what I think about Rihanna. All I can say is there are some amazing musicians coming up. I love, love Rihanna. She's one of the most gorgeous female singers currently going, although can you please get rid of the red hair. She also has some great and very sexy videos. She has a lot of great music although her newest CD is not one of her best. Her best CD is "Good Girl Gone Bad". That probably is also my favorite song:



Did I tell you that I love Rihanna, she's so incredibly sexy in this video. This is a pretty damn hot song as well, "Don't Stop The Music":



"Shut Up and Drive" live:



The incredibly sexy video for the same song:



She sings this song with such real emotion, "Russian Roulette":



"Pon De Replay":



For those of you who don't think Rihanna is gorgeous, watch this video:



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites