Monday, December 6, 2010

College football, Jayson Werth

Hello,

First of all I want to give the Washington Nationals the bonehead of the MLB free agency award. They signed Jayson Werth to a $126 million- 7year contract. Jayson Werth? Are you serious? Jayson is definitely not werth that type of money. I guess we know how Washington keeps on being in the cellar. Werth's werthwhile agent Scott Boras called the deal a "Presidential contract". That means that he'll be someone to build around and that he will bring other players to the Nationals. Well if that's a presidential contract, it should be impeached. I would like to thank all the teams I cheer for not making that signing.

To no one's surprise, the BCS National Championship Game will feature Oregon vs. Auburn. I've given up on karma striking down Auburn. I don't have a pick for this game, it's going to be a battle. I will be cheering for Oregon to win, but overall I don't really care.

There's a lot of crappy bowl games this year, what may be one of the worst is a BCS Bowl. In the Fiesta Bowl it will be Oklahoma vs. UConn. Normally I would predict a complete blowout for the Sooners. However Oklahoma seems to choke big time in big games and they don't do too well in BCS games. One of my favorite all time bowl games was them losing to Boise State a few years ago. That was truly fantastic game, between two evenly matched opponents, although very few people thought that before the game. Most people were drinking the BCS's kool aid. Still on January 1st, I think Oklahoma will win this game by 3-4 touchdowns. Of course the obvious thing about this game, UConn has no business being in this game.

The bowl game I'm looking most forward to is TCU-Wisconsin in the Rose Bowl on January 1st. I'm sure many people are predicting a win by Wisconsin and that may happen. However this will be a battle, even more than the championship game I predict. I will admit my bias, my early projection is TCU will win in a close battle. Since TCU is in the same conference this season as BYU and Utah, I've seen them play a lot. When BYU "only" lost to them by 28 points in Texas, I was very happy with that. That's how dominant they are. If you don't believe me ask the U. of U. football players what they think about TCU.

Other bowls of interest for me: BYU-UTEP, Utah-Boise State, San Diego State-Navy, Air Force- Georgia Tech, Stanford-Virginia Tech and Nevada-Boston College.

themusicaddict

1 comment:

Protect Providence Academy said...

I did some sleuthing and figured out who did the song that "Danny" sings to on Blue Bloods.

Originally, my husband and I joked that it was perhaps an NKOTB song since they're on tour again. Then we thought maybe it was a Donnie Wahlberg himself. We were dying to know since it was so... obviously a plug for the music.

But it's neither.

It's a song by Jimmy Marsh. Donnie Wahlberg has collaborated with this artist, and even has him featured on his club mix "Rise and Grind".

I did a lot of digging to find out the name of that silly track. I think the title might be the same as the lyrics mentioned, but I'm not sure.

I'll tell you one thing, though. It's a stroke of marketing genius, that's for sure!

Favorites