Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Gen X 101.9 is done in SLC, The End is back

Hello,

An alert reader commented today that 101.9 had reverted to it's previous format. That's too bad, although I knew that it was highly likely that the Gen X format wouldn't last for a long time. I checked it out as I was driving around. The End isn't terrible, they play some good songs. One of my biggest complaints about the Gen X format is that they over played the Counting Crows "Mr. Jones". Guess what I heard on the new format as I was driving around. Yes that's right, "Mr. Jones". I heard that song so much on Gen X 101.9 I had to take it off my iPod.

So far The End isn't having a lot of dj chatter and are still playing a lot of songs. Don't worry they will go away from that soon. Also they are playing these annoying announcements that say they are back and apologizing for leaving. It seems like they play them between every song, but surely they wouldn't play those that much. Would they?

It looks like I'm back to listening to CDs in my car and iTunes or napster.com everywhere else.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites