Tuesday, December 7, 2010

"We're Going Out Tonight" update, Theory. (Updated 10/3/2014)

Hello,

Update: this has finally been confirmed. Thanks to "kitty lover" on Yahoo answers, we now know the name of this song. It is Jimmy Marsh's "Goin' Out Tonight". The CD is titled "Redemption", it was released on March 1st, 2012. The digital CD is available at amazon.com for $8.99. My thanks to "kitty lover".

With the help of google.com, napster.com, amazon.com, youtube.com, Philothea and many others I still haven't been able to find out the name of the "We're Going Out Tonight" song. Philothea said that the artist is Jimmy Marsh. I'm pretty sure she's right for two reasons 1) The song was featured in "Blue Bloods" and Donnie Wahlberg's character sings along with it. Wahlberg works with Jimmy Marsh in the music business. 2) From all the Jimmy Marsh music I've listened to recently (What I won't do for my readers) the sound of that song is very consistent with his music.

It's almost a lock that Jimmy Marsh is the singer of that song. Now what's the name of the song? I still have no idea. My theory, thanks again Philothea, is that the producers doesn't want anybody to know the name of the song. I'm not saying this is a conspiracy, I agree with Philothea in that this is some kind of marketing gimmick. Let's be honest the song is okay. The best way for the makers of this song to keep it memorable is to feature it on a hit show, but then have as little information about it out there as possible.

TV Update: Sunday night was the season finale of "The Walking Dead" and I was a bit disappointed. I liked the twist that ended the season, however it was less than exciting. I mean the show can only be interesting for so long if they are always on the run from the zombies. I would like to get to the point where they are starting to build society again.

I also have some questions: Why don't the zombies eat other zombies? That is if they are just running on instinct from only using their brain stem? Why didn't the zombies eat the scattered bodies around the CDC? Where did Merle go and will we see him in Season 2. How many episodes until Daryl kills another survivor? Finally my most nagging question: Why aren't the survivors doing more to kill the zombies. They know how to gather a large group of zombies together without much problem. They can use the zombies limited thought against them. Gather together a whole group of zombies and wipe out several hundred at a time. The survivors can live in a large city relatively zombie free. They'd then have access to gas, food, shelter, clothing and any thing else they need. This remains the biggest plot hole from the first six episodes. When I can I'm going to read the comic books that inspired the TV show.

"No Ordinary Family" is going down hill a bit for me. It's continuing to lose its charm. All the characters continue to making stupid decisions. For instance, JJ having people coming over to play poker. Is his character really that dumb to think that would work out? I know he wants to be popular but I would still say no.

However "Hawaii Five-0" continues to surprise me with its depth of its story telling. The characters are becoming fleshed out. I like how the writers are using Hawaii as a character itself. I enjoy how you can watch an episode and understand most of whats going on. However if you watch weekly, there's rich rewards to be had. The mystery of his mother's death and what his Dad was investigating is getting very interesting. The story telling can have two prongs and not just get bogged down in the case of the week story line.

I love how this show can go from a very serious subject to humor, sometimes in the same season. For instance last night McGarrett and Danny were discussing how hard it is to tell someone about a family member dying. Then seconds later they turn on the radio and discuss the merits of Dr. Hook's "Sexy Eyes". I have to agree with McGarrett on this issue. I happen to love "Sexy Eyes":



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites