Thursday, December 30, 2010

Brett Favre please retire

Hello,

I was going through my normal morning workout. As I usually do I was listening to my iPod and watching ESPN Sports Center. Typically on Sports Center, they talk about most stories 30 seconds or less. However they had this seemingly 5 minute feature about Brett Favre. They reviewed each game he played, had analyst Herm Edwards give his opinion and showed some clips of a Favre press conference. They also had poor Ed Werder stand out in front of the Minnesota Vikings headquarters talking about Favre.

I know he's a legend and he will be a first ballot inductee into the Hall of Fame and very deservedly so. However he also shows the bad things that can happen to an athlete that hangs on one year too long. He should have retired at the end of last season. In a few years few people will remember his last season. They won't remember how disappointing of a season it was. This last season was really very sad.

Brett please take the news that your body is telling you: RETIRE! ESPN please fall out of love with Favre. You're just feeding his narcissism.

I also changed my mind about the NFL suspending Favre. I think they should have suspended him starting next season. That way we won't have to hear all winter, spring and fall about whether he's going to retire or not. I know this blog gives him the attention that he so desperately craves. I don't want to feed into that, Brett its time to hang up the cleats.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites