Saturday, December 18, 2010

It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year

Hello,

One week from today is Christmas. I hope you are enjoying this time of year. I wasn't until a couple of days ago and then I started preparing to buy Christmas presents for my family. Something strange started to happen, I began to enjoy myself. I've already got several people's gifts and I'm hoping to wrap up that process tonight. I went and did some Christmas shopping yesterday and before I left I started to tingle with anticipation. It's nice to be able to have some money to buy Christmas presents for the people I love.

Also to enhance the Christmas spirit I watched the movie "Christmas Angel" starring Bruce Davison and Kari Hawker.



Now is the above movie perfect, no. It's a bit corny and the background music plays so much it becomes annoying. Other than that it's a great movie. My kids wanted to watch something else, but once it was done, they were glad they watched it. I love the message of it about the real reason we celebrate Christmas. We are celebrating the birth of Christ, not the year end profits of Wal-Mart. Not that there's anything wrong with exchanging gifts like "the wise men found Jesus and Mary at Bethlehem in a house. They worshipped Jesus, and offered gifts of gold, frankincense, and myrrh". (Thanks to lifeofchrist.com)

I'm not trying to be too preachy here, just a little preachy. Let's please focus on the real reason of Christmas, it's the first 6 letters of that word. My Christmas pet peeve is people that shorten Christmas to Xmas. Aargh!

While "The Christmas Angel" is a great Christmas movie, the best Christmas movie is "It's A Wonderful Life". It gets me every time when Jimmy Stewart puts his fingers into his pockets and pulls out zuzu's pedals.



Let's enjoy this week before Christmas and embrace all the great things about Christmas.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites