Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Chromeo, NFL's ridiculous Favre punishment

Hello,

My brother sent me an e-mail yesterday asking me what I thought about the band Chromeo. He says he likes them, but his wife hates them. I didn't have a good answer to that question. I was at work and for some reason napster.com doesn't play there for me. I went to my iTunes library and I have 4 of their songs. I listened to those songs a couple of times each. Those four songs are "Night by Night", "Momma's Boy", "Don't Turn The Lights On" and "Bonafied Lovin'".

That last song is probably my favorite of all their songs now:



I also realized I had heard "Momma's Boy" before and it's a pretty good song as well:



Initially I fell into the not liking them very much camp. It seemed their music was a weird mix of rock and disco. But as I've listened to them over the last couple of days, they've grown on me. They do have a lot of good songs, but a lot of their songs sound alike. (Yes I know the same thing for ZZ Top and they still became a huge band.) I would have to give them a B grade. They won't be cracking my Top 50 soon (which I will finish some day). But someday they might make it there. They need to expand their sound a bit.

This is yet a funny and sort of surreal video at the same time. This song is called "Don't Turn The Lights On".



"Night By Night": "She says I'm not romantic, I say she's too dramatic. I tell here why we're at it we can work it night by night." This song is very funky and also has great lyrics. This song is very addictive, I've had it on loop for several listens now.



One more Chromeo song, this is "Needy Girl":



The NFL strikes again and shows their brilliance. They really taught Brett Favre a lesson. Today the whole Favre sexting Jenn Sterger punishment was announced. The NFL didn't suspend Favre. I think they realized how ridiculous that would have looked. It's doubtful that Favre plays in the Vikings final game. Then hopefully he won't come back next season. So that's a bit sensible, but then what did they do? They fined him $50,000.

I know to you and me that might sound like a stiff punishment. However the last I heard was that Brett Favre was making $14 million dollars this year. That means he was only fined 1/280th of his yearly salary this season. In previous seasons and all his commercials he's probably made at least a $100 million more. But my favorite thing about the story the NFL didn't have enough to fine him for his alleged abusive behavior to Jenn Sterger. They fined him $50,000 for "failure to cooperate". I hope that money is going to a charity and not into the coffers of the greedy NFL.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites