Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The Favre Fiasco, Song's Rocking My iPod

Hello,

According to espn.com, "The NFL will announce a decision in the Brett Favre/Jenn Sterger case within the next 48 hours, a person familiar with the case told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter. Favre, currently with the Vikings, is not expected to be suspended, but he will be disciplined, according to the source."

This probe has now been going on for weeks, Favre hopefully only has one more game in his career. (Then seriously Brett just go away.) Now with the season almost over, the NFL is going to announce the punishment now. The good timing of the year award goes to Roger Goodell. I understand that he doesn't want to embarrass the legend, but this is pathetic

It's almost like a hypothetical case where a bunch of football players at a big time college sell some items and make some money. In this hypothetical situation the NCAA suspends these players up to 5 games for next season, even though a lot of these players probably won't be back next season. However said players can still play in their bowl game. What's that, that's not a hypothetical situation? That happened at Ohio State? Apparently the G Gordon Lee "murderer's row" that he was talking about was boosters and other hangers on. I thought he was referring to teams in The Big Ten.

Where's the logic in those punishments. Both the NFL and NCAA are making a stand, the fact that the stand is a farce doesn't seem to cross their minds.

Now on to something that doesn't raise my blood pressure, music. My 9 year old daughter received an iPod that she absolutely loves. I set it up for her on my computer. We selected a bunch of songs. That includes all the Justin Bieber songs I have. We also added appropriate songs by Rihanna, Lady Gaga, Katy Perry. My oldest son and her share my love of music. I'd love my kids to love music and reading as much as I do. Music has helped me through many of the tougher times in my life. Also very things are better than a great concert or a great musical. Reading is great because you can take a book with you anywhere. If I ever go to a place where I think I might have to wait, I bring a book with me. That makes the wait a lot more tolerable and that time was used for something useful. I've learned a lot more reading than I ever did through school.

Songs rocking my iPod and selected videos:

1) "Nasty"- Janet Jackson This is one of my all-time favorite videos. "Miss Jackson if you're nasty".



2) "Red Barchetta"- Rush One of the most under appreciated Rush songs.



3) "Low"- Kelly Clarkson. A truly kick ass song. A great post relationship song.



4) "It's On The Rocks"- The Donnas I've seen the Donnas twice in concert, that drummer is a whirlwind of energy. A great band if you are looking for some genuine rock and roll.



5) "One"- U2 A great song with some of the best lyrics ever written in rock music.



The amazing lyrics:

Is it getting better?
Or do you feel the same?
Will it make it easier on you now?
You got someone to blame
You say

One love
One life
When it's one need
In the night
One love
We get to share it
Leaves you baby if you
Don't care for it

Did I disappoint you?
Or leave a bad taste in your mouth?
You act like you never had love
And you want me to go without
Well it's

Too late
Tonight
To drag the past out into the light
We're one, but we're not the same
We get to
Carry each other
Carry each other
One

Have you come here for forgiveness?
Have you come to raise the dead?
Have you come here to play Jesus?
To the lepers in your head

Did I ask too much?
More than a lot.
You gave me nothing,
Now it's all I got
We're one
But we're not the same
Well we
Hurt each other
Then we do it again
You say
Love is a temple
Love a higher law
Love is a temple
Love the higher law
You ask me to enter
But then you make me crawl
And I can't be holding on
To what you got
When all you got is hurt

One love
One blood
One life
You got to do what you should
One life
With each other
Sisters
Brothers
One life
But we're not the same
We get to
Carry each other
Carry each other

One

One

6) "Santeria"- Sublime
7) "Strange Currencies"- R.E.M.



8) "Sex and Candy"- Marcy Playground. A song that's not on my daughter's iPod.
9) "Babe I'm Gonna Leave You"- The mighty Led Zeppelin



10) "Black Dog"- Another song by the mighty Led Zeppelin.
11) "Our Lips Are Sealed"- The Go Go's Oh how do I wish the music was as good now as it was back in the 80's. Kill The End, bring back Gen X 101.9 Salt Lake City!



12) "Istanbul (Not Constantinople)- They Might Be Giants. A great old song revived by the quirky They Might Be Giants.



13) "State Lines"- Matt Hires I have so much music on my computer that I'm running out of room on my hard drive. I use to download every song that I could to my computer. Now I have to be much more selective. This is one of those many songs I downloaded free from amazon.com. This is a great song that I doubt I would have heard any other way if not for getting it free.



14) "Summer Nights"- Van Halen, or some would say Van Hager.
15) "Hell"- Squirrel Nut Zippers



16) "Lights"- Journey The version with Arnel Pineda singing.
17) "Tom Sawyer", another classic from Rush. Who says that Rush doesn't have a sense-of-humor?
Geddy's voice is going downhill a bit though, isn't it. He could be a little more dynamic as well.



I feel like it's time to have a little Rush moment.





Then of course the Bob and Doug MacKensie classic with Geddy Lee singing.



18) "Sole Survivor"- Asia
19) "Two of Hearts"- Stacey Q. Again I miss the music of the 80's:



20) "You Might Think"- The Cars



21) "From The Inside"- Linkin Park
22) "Nothing From Nothing"- Billy Preston, a great 70's song.



23) "Evacuate The Dancefloor"- Cascada One of the most danceable songs ever. My kids love Club Penguin.



24) "Oceans and Streams"- Black Keys If you like The White Stripes, you'll love these guys. Here's a taste.



25) "Don't Go Away Mad (Just Go Away)" (Live) - Motley Crue


26) "Don't Be Afraid of the Dark"- Robert Cray

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites