Sunday, December 12, 2010

"A Game of Thrones" book review

A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, #1)A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


I started reading this book November 18th, 2010.



Page 92: This book is very hard to get into, there are too many characters and the story jumps from family to family. I'm trying to keep up with who each person is and who is doing what to who. The appendix is 20 pages long for heck's sake. I wish this book was more streamlined. I'm going to continue to read this book for a bit longer at least and see if all the characters click in for me. Right now I'm not hopeful though.

I just couldn't get into this book, there were just too many characters. Then the fact that it's a series, I just knew I wasn't going to read all the books in the series. Right now I'm just not ready for that kind of long term commitment.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Favorites