Wednesday, October 10, 2012

"Nashville" Premieres Tonight: Let The Great Music Keep On Coming

Hello,

Thanks to ABC online, I watched "Nashville" a few days ago. After Nashville's first solid episode, I give it a full thumbs up. Sure there are some elements of a soap opera, but just go with it. The first episode was amazing. (The only other new Fall drama that had an equally good premiere was "The Last Resort".) While I look forward to upcoming episodes to find out more about these characters, my favorite thing so far is the music I've either discovered or rediscovered.

I can't find the exact promo that featured an amazing song. But I'm pretty sure this is the song in that promo:



I'm still not sure how the amazing Haley Reinhart didn't win "American Idol" her year, she clearly has been the most interesting musician since that season ended. I know what the little girls do, they vote for the cute boys. But if it's a talent contest, then Reinhart should have won. Scotty McDreary? Please. I liked Lauren Alaina, but I just don't think she's built too last. And yes I'm still irritated that Pia Toscano only finished in 9th place. The boy who can't sing Jacob Lusk, weak voiced Paul McDonald and idiot James Durbin all finished higher than her. Not surprisingly they have all disappeared quickly. And once that season ended, I disappeared as well.

I look forward when"American Idol" is no longer on the air, which will be sooner rather than later. How can you trust a show's judgment about talent that will have Randy Jackson as judge for his 12th season? Then the whole Nicki Minaj-Mariah Carey "fight". Please. Clearly a desperate "American Idol" will do anything so that people will continue watching. themusicaddict asks you to stop watching the craptastic "American Idol", it needs to go away.

Anyway back to "Nashville", as of now "If I Didn't Know Better" has 6,364 views.  I expect this video to explode once people see it on their TVs. Although I'm sure the numbers of viewers will splinter once  people start making additional videos.



Hayden Panettiere "Boys and Buses": (Auto tune is for many the best friends of many of our current singers.)



The full version by Carly Pearce:



I'm a bit busy at work right now, but hopefully coming tomorrow is Top Ten American Idols. There will be some obvious choices and I've dug up a few people from obscurity.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites