Wednesday, October 17, 2012

The Whiny Faces of Tracy Spiridakos: One of "Revolution's" Most Confounding Things

Hello,

Episode 5, "Soul Train" is yet another less than thrilling episode of "Revolution". This may be the episode that featured the most whiny faces of Tracy Spiridakos. Is that her natural acting style or is she being directed to do that? Either way, it's pretty lame. It must stop immediately! Spiridakos is a beautiful mid 20's woman, why can't we see more of that?

<--- One of Spiridakos' many unnecessary whiny faces. This is neither acting or attractive. I hope she's not using that face in her big seduction scene hinted at for the next episode on October 29th.

As an action hero Spiridakos has a long way to go. Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss Everdeen is absolutely believable and Spiridakos should use her as a model of how to woman up.

Why doesn't she have more faces like that? ------->
She's a pretty girl. Danielle Alonso, the actress who plays Nora Clayton, is gorgeous and can't hide it. She doesn't use any whiny faces in her "acting". Thank goodness.

Anyway "Soul Train" did have some good ideas in it. I love the whole idea of the Monroe Militia having a train. (If they just could get one Blackhawk helicopter, then they'd be set.) It's great that the Militia is based in Philadelphia. A nice nod to actual US history. I love that Miles and Charlie whiny face used horses to catch up to the train. Those were two great story ideas. I also loved that Tom and Jason are father and son, in fact they do look alike.This show has potential, I just wonder if it will ever live up to that potential?

But this show keeps on being hurt by boring and repetitive story telling. Five episodes and a plot point of Danny escaping/ trying to escape has played prominently in 3 episodes. I love that these crack Miles Matheson trained militia members have been repeatedly outwitted by a 18 year old punk. According to an article I read at ew.com awhile ago, the whole Danny escaping from the militia story line isn't going to be resolved for 5 more episodes. 5 more episodes? I know it's too much to ask, but can he die in his escape attempt. Like Spiridakos, he's a terrible actor.

Speaking of whiny faces, what is this show going to do with Rachel (Elizabeth Mitchell)? After 5 episodes her character has completely been wasted. I really like Nora Clayton, but really how many times is she going to be injured? Unlike Spiridakos, she's completely believable in action scenes. I also love that her character has enough belief in revolution that she has a USA flag tattoo on her back.

I laughed that that the rebels code phrase is "Do you have a biography of Joe Biden". This show needs to have a few laughs. For heaven's sake, even "Schlinder's List" had a few laughs in it.

themusicaddict

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You’re not the only one to mention the face, but a lot of other people are talking about how the writing for her requires her to complain, whine, insist and downright agonize about everything. Perhaps it is a 50/50 blame, but she definitely could play this off stronger, unless the director is trying to undermine all of the women in the show. As I have found in the past, like with LOST, when I really like a show, I usually buy the DVD at the end of the season. This time my DISH coworker reminded me that I have thousands of hours of recording time on my new Hopper DVR, so I can save the episodes on there. I can even back them up with an external hard drive, but it will save me a lot of money not having to buy the DVDs this time.

Unknown said...

Ya um you never HAVE to do anything ... Just saying..

Favorites