Monday, October 1, 2012

More Great Songs, Mark Frost's "Game Six", "Blockade Billy"

Hello,

Over the weekend I discovered another great book. It's Mark Frost's "Game Six: Cincinnati, Boston, and the 1975 World Series: The Triumph of America's Pastime". So far I've read about the first 60 pages of this book and I'm absolutely love it. This is a great book for fans of the Reds, Red Sox, MLB or high drama. With the MLB playoffs starting later this week, this is a great book right now.

Speaking of baseball books, I finished reading Stephen King's "Blockade Billy". This was pretty low quality Stephen King, not one of his best. If you are looking to be marginally entertained for a couple of hours, this might be the book for you.

This song came to my mind as my oldest son is dealing with his first real heartbreak now. Dion and the Belmonts wonder why do I have to be a "Teenager In Love?".



Sufjan Stevens "Jacksonville" from his criminally unappreciated CD "Come On Feel The Illinoise":



Another great song from the above named CD, this is "Casimir Pulaski Day":



Tammy Wynette's "Stand By Your Man":

No comments:

Favorites