Tuesday, October 9, 2012

"Revolution" Continues To Disappoint, What Should I Watch Tonight

Hello,

Last night I watched the fourth episode of "Revolution" and yet again another disappointing episode. This episode is titled "The Plague Dogs". Isn't this show too early in it's history to be repeating itself already? Danny, who was captured by the Monroe Republic in episode 1, has already escaped twice. Although this second escape was much more temporary.

Also at first when Charlie and friends showed up at the Chicago bar, Miles wasn't going to join their ragtag bunch. But then he did out of a sense of responsibility. In last night's episode he threatened to leave until Maggie delivered a really inspiring speech and then Maggie died. Maggie, played by Anna Lise Phillips, was one of the few believable characters in "Revolution". Not to mention, she was one of the few people that can act. Although Maggie dying wasn't that much of a surprise. Last week's previews teased that a main character was going to die. Obviously Miles, Charlie or Danny isn't going to die. But at least those three can take acting lessons. Tracy Spiridakos: whiny faces don't acting make. And again David Lyons as the leader of any military organization is completely unbelievable.

That makes me wonder if the slyly malevolent Tom Neville is really in charge of the militia. Now he's someone I would follow. Daniella Alonso is also great as butt kicking Nora Clayton. I would mess with Bass before I mess with Clayton. Actually I wouldn't mess with Clayton at all.

ew.com says that "Revolution" is "The Walking Dead" without zombies. (Thank goodness then that "The Walking Dead" is back Sunday.) And in many ways that's true. There are more than a few similiarities between the two shows. I don't know how much longer I'll be watching "Revolution". At least a few times during each episode I think to myself I could be watching "Castle" now. "Castle" has a better cast, a great ensemble with chemistry. It's also a show that doesn't take itself seriously and has a great sense-of-humor. And of course it doesn't hurt that one of the most beautiful women in the world is one of the stars, Stana Katic:


I love the above picture as it captures how gorgeous Stana Katic is, but it's also a classy picture. Although I disagree that she's only #80 on Maxim's Hot 100 Women, really? She's got to up there with Evangeline Lilly.

What should I watch tonight on TV? There are so many options I can watch "Castle" on the DVR. I also have the last three episodes of Season 4 of "Lost" to watch. In watching Season 4 of "Lost" I remember why I stopped watching this show in the first place. The show had began to rely on boring characters and trying too hard to still be relevant. I was never a big fan of Desmond or the boring Daniel Faraday. And Michael, didn't we get rid of that lame character at the end of Season 2? Other than Juliet Burke, was there any other interesting characters besides those who were introduced in Season One. (The first few episodes of "Lost" were so good.) 

Also tonight there's also the so so "Vegas" and the only new decent comedy on tonight "Go On". The dramas this Fall seem to be at least decent. "Elementary" is very enjoyable, although Sherlock Holmes character is more annoying than needs be. Lucy Liu is great in this show. Hopefully "Vegas" can break out of it's too familar mobsters vs. cops storyline. I also hope that "Revolution" can find it's feet. It looks like "Nashville" is going to be pretty good. I don't expect as much from "Chicago Fire", but it should at least be decent. And again "The Last Resort" will either be amazing or become really stupid. Speaking of really stupid, it should surprise no one that "The Mob Doctor" will likely be the first show cancelled.

Again "Go On" is enjoyable with it's hilarious, eclectic cast. Do not watch "Ben and Kate", "Animal Practice", "Guys With Kids", "Neighbors". How did "Ben and Kate" get a full season pick-up, it's terrible. "The Mindy Project" isn't going to have a second season, but it's better than the other alleged comedies in this paragraph. 

Hold overs "Castle" and "The Good Wife" remain very solid. Although on "The Good Wife" can they get rid of Kalinda's husband? A very boring character and has slowed down the show. I'm looking forward to the beautiful Amanda Peet to join the show for a few episodes later this year. (Where is the lovely Ms. Peet in the Maxim Top 100?)




Also don't forget there's the A's- Tigers game. Oakland is down 2-0 in the series with any remaining games in Oakland. Oakland has surprised people all season, don't give up on them now. I also hope Baltimore goes into New York and finds someway to win two of three games. I don't think that's too much to ask, is it?

themusicaddict



No comments:

Favorites