Friday, October 12, 2012

Go Orioles! Vanquish The Evil Empire (Updated After Game 5 of the O's-Yanks ALDS)

Hello,

A bit after 5:00pm tonight the Orioles will be battling the Yankees in Game 5 of the ALDS. I probably won't be able to see much of the game, but I'll still be cheering for the Orioles. With the two teams being so close in so many ways, it would be awesome to see the Orioles have a break out offensive game.

After watching the end of Game 3, when Raul Ibanez hit the walk off home run, I couldn't watch the end of last night's game. I just couldn't stand having my heart broken again. Thankfully the Orioles were able to push across the winning run in the top of the 13th inning.

Also the A's dream season ended last night, at the hands of Justin Verlander. The A's just couldn't get much going against him. However I still watched the final two innings, even with the A's down 6-0, as I had learned not to give up on the A's. However their storybook ended last night.

This has been an exciting postseason already, for the first time ever all 4 ALDS went five games. That's setting up for an exciting ALCS, NLCS and World Series. I just hope the Orioles win today, that way I'd have a team to cheer for remaining in the playoffs.

Sadly the Yankees won yet again, beating the O's 3-1 in Game 5 of their ALDS.  I'm so very tired of the Yankees. They win nearly every year and they aren't even that interesting. I'm so tired of hearing about the whole Alex Rodriguez situation. Although I do have to laugh that they'll be paying him $29 million dollars next season. He clearly is a shell of the formerly fearsome slugger he use to be. They don't have anyone on their team I could even cheer for. Which is why I expect Josh Hamilton to go to the Yankees in the offseason. Hopefully when he joins them, they won't be the defending World Series champ.

Whereas the Orioles are a team of scrappers and cast offs. They've fought all season, against incredible odds with very few people believing in them. They won all those closely contested one run and extra inning games. Buck Showalter was making genius move after genius move.

With the Yankees, Tigers, Giants and Cardinals remaining in the playoffs, I have little left to cheer for. Other than the Tigers, all three teams have won the World Series recently, in fact, those three teams represent the last three World Series winners. I'm so bored by the 4 remaining teams, I can't even work up the emotion to cheer against the Yankees. I'm left with looking forward to a hopefully interesting off season. What will all my teams do in the offseason? I hope the Dodgers spend their money wisely. In other words no more Arod like deals. Who will the Red Sox hire as their new manager? With Boston interviewing Dodgers coach Tim Wallach, has anyone else noticed that those two teams have developed a very close relationship? Who'll replace Chipper Jones in Atlanta? Can the Braves finally figure out how to win in the playoffs? What will the Cubs and Pirates do to improve their chances in the upcoming season? Can the Cubs dump Alfonso Soriano and the $36 million owed him? Will the Yankees take him back? Please.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites