Friday, October 5, 2012

Michael Jackson Had Rock Songs? Who Knew?

Hello,

You didn't know Michael Jackson songs can be made into good rock songs, well either did I. But here are a couple of songs that may disprove that theory. This is also a great song to exercise to. I'm sure you are familiar with this cover:



But are you familiar with this cover? This is Three Days Grace fantastic take on "Give In To Me":



I think this is a pretty amazing rock song as sung by Michael Jackson:



Other great songs.

This song is by Ruby Velle and the Soulphonics, it's available free on Google Play for a limited time. The song is "My Dear":



The best song on the new No Doubt CD, the song is "Looking Hot":



But this may be the best No Doubt song of all-time. The incredibly catchy "Hella Good":



I love Stevie Nicks voice on "Whenever I Call You "Friend":



I first saw this video on MTV when MTV was relevant. Do you remember that, no probably not. Now instead of showing videos they are showing the white trash "Jersey Shore". Sigh. This is the Tubes "She's A Beauty":



Tim McGraw's "Red Ragtop":



Steve Earle's "Copperhead Road":



Foxy Shazam's "Holy Touch" (Live):



This is one of my favorite covers of all-time. This is Foxy Shazam covering a song from the under appreciated "Jesus Christ Superstar". No really. This is "Heaven On Their Minds":



Morrissey's "Bigmouth Strikes Again":



Band of Skulls "Hollywood Bowl":



Louis XIV's "Pledge of Allegiance":



Weezer's "Good Life":



The Foo Fighters have announced they are taking a break, to me that won't be that big of a loss. However I do love "Monkey Wrench":



themusicaddict






No comments:

Favorites