Thursday, October 4, 2012

Red Sox Fire Bobby Valentine: What Else Were They Going To Do?

Hello,

The Red Sox didn't mess around. One day after their season ended, and the Red Sox 14-2 shellacking at the hands of the Yankees, Boston fired Bobby Valentine. This shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone. He alienated his own players, fellow coaches and the faithful Red Sox nation. What else were the Red Sox going to do? With as many bridges as he burned this season, there's no way to bring him back. It was clear early in the season that he was way in over his head.

Before Valentine emerges in public again, he needs to learn how to be a public figure. From his attacks on Kevin Youkilis, his fellow coaches and even the media he clearly doesn't know how to act in public. I heard an interview with him before the season started. He was hard headed, didn't answer questions and didn't act very much like he wanted to be interviewed. (As Eli Gold told Alicia Florrick, don't be interviewed while you are pissed off.) Whatever you do keep him away from a live microphone. I hope that ESPN doesn't want him back.

I'm very sad that there's no baseball today. I had enjoyed getting off of work, driving home and finding out what game was on MLB network or ESPN. I got off of work at 2:00 yesterday. When I got home the A's-Rangers game was on. I loved that. I look forward to the next 4 weeks of the MLB playoffs. If it's anything like the end of the season, it should be a great time.

Although once again the regular season is way too long, it needs to be shortened asap. My suggestion would be about 140 games. Let the players have about a week extra time off during the regular season. With Braves-Cardinals and Rangers-Orioles playing in the one game Wild Card playoff, two teams will be going home very disappointed. After fighting through 162 games, all the travel, the wear and tear on the body etc. it sucks that two playoff teams will go home after only one game. That's an awfully lot of work for so little.

I enjoyed watching the A's-Rangers game yesterday. I was able to see the last few innings. When I got home from work the Rangers were leading 5-1. I made lunch to eat while watching the game, by the time I was done preparing it the game was tied at 5. I was glad as I was cheering for the A's.

Although what the hell was that when Josh Hamilton "dropped" the ball after the A's scored those 4 runs? People are saying he dropped the ball. But no he didn't, he didn't have the ball long enough to drop it. What was with his non-chalant attitude about trying to catch the ball or even trying to retrieve it when he missed the catch? As someone that doesn't see him play much, does he always play that way? His body language was terrible yesterday. His body language was clearly saying that he didn't want to be there. With Hamilton a free agent I initially had hoped that the deep pocket Dodgers would make a run after him. However after seeing how he acted yesterday, I don't want him to be a Dodger.

Congrats to the A's though, they just don't have any give up in them. Also congrats to Miguel Cabrera for winning the triple crown, the first time that has happened since 1967. The winner that year was legendary Red Sox Carl Yastremski. That was the year I was born. Finally congratulations to Clayton Kershaw for playing on a day that he didn't need to. Also congrats on leading all of MLB for lowest ERA, it was 2.53.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites