Friday, October 12, 2012

Whitney Houston Is The Greatest! (Blog In progress)

Hello,

I recently read Allison Samuels article in Newsweek about the life and death of Whitney Houston. It's a sad tale of the bad habits and worse decisions made by Whitney Houston. It sheds light on how many users she had in her life, including members of her own family. Honestly the article pissed me off. Not only the waste of so much of her potential, but also the blood suckers she allowed in her life. Somehow how the miscreant Raffles Van Exel found his way into Houston's life. He seems to have only used his connections to her for his own purposes. He even used those connections after she had died. Van Exel you should be ashamed of yourself. What kind of monster takes pictures of people in their casket and then sells them to the National Enquirer? I hope you enjoy your time in Hell.

Here's the excellent article: http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2012/04/29/whitney-houston-s-private-hell-and-inevitable-death.html

I'm starting out with the many good things about Whitney Houston. First of all she had that amazing voice. Even people without any musical ability like myself can recognize her amazing talent. She was one of the greatest of the 80's, a decade very strong for amazing singers. She was also incredibly gorgeous. Even when she was going through her drug phase, she still retained her absolute beauty. She lost her much of her voice, but she never lost her beauty.

I'm not going to dwell on the mistakes of her life too much, I will let others do that. I'll enjoy Whitney for all the excellent music and grace she brought to the world. Although I feel she never reached her full potential, she still did give us so much. Thanks Whitney!

Here she was early in her career:


Here she was a couple of years before she still died. She's still amazingly beautiful, she had a very regal beauty.


Whitney's greatest live performances were mainly before 1992. Eventually she started losing that powerful voice of hers. To compensate she messed with how the song was performed on record, her live performances started to suffer. Just watch about 5 minutes of the following to see what I mean:



These are some of her best performances live.



"Didn't We Almost Have It All":



"One Moment In Time":



Usually when someone has an amazing voice like Ms. Houston, they shine the brightest live. And her voice sounded incredible live, but her weird interpretations of her own songs many times derailed her live performances. That's why this blog entry is dominated mostly by her studio recordings.



Her mid 80's slow burn classic.





From the soundtrack for "The Bodyguard":



I'm thankful Whitney had several moments in time.



Didn't Whitney almost have it all? (Yes I realize I have the following song twice. Notice how much better the studio version is than the live version.)



Just listen to that amazing voice. "All At Once":



One more slow burning classic, before I add some more up tempo songs.



This is a time capsule video, when Johnny Carson was still on the air. "You Give Good Love":





"I Wanna Dance With Somebody":



"How Will I Know":



"I'm Your Baby Tonight":



"So Emotional":



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites