Wednesday, October 24, 2012

What I Won't Be Writing About Today 10/24/2012, My 5 Favorite Taylor Swift Songs on "Red"

Hello,

Things that I definitely won't be writing about today under any condition.

Common sense:

- How wonderful the USADA and their lap dog the UCI are. Did Lance Armstrong cheat in order to get the 7 Tour De France titles? Probably! Do I give a damn? Not at all. What all this coverage fails to note is that nearly everyone else was also cheating. If so, then it all came down to who was the best racer.  However at this point I just don't care. The fact that Armstrong came back from testicular cancer to even be able to compete is absolutely amazing to me. The fact that he was competitive at all was inspiring. The fact that he won 7 Tour De France's in a row, even if he "cheated", is superhuman.

- I won't talk about the money Armstrong and his foundation have made to fight the insidious disease cancer. Other than to say thanks Lance for all you have done. Thanks for the inspiration and dedication.

Television:

- I definitely won't be writing about tonight's episode of "Nashville", maybe tomorrow after I watch it.

- "Arrow": I was already to watch it last night, but it's not on Comcast On Demand. Dearest CW, you need to do what ever you can so that people will watch your shows.

- I won't be writing about the disagreement between Jennifer Esposito and CBS over her battle with Celiac disease. Although it would be a shame if she's no longer on "Blue Bloods".

Music

-  I definitely won't be writing about how great Taylor Swift's new CD "Red" is. It's still not available on Spotify, although I understand that it was available for a time. I can't find it available to listen to anywhere free.

According to techcrunch.com, via billboard.com:

"Red is not likely to be available at subscription services until Swift’s next album is released, according to a source familiar with the label’s strategy with her previous releases. Instead, the focus for Red is a mountain of retail campaigns and promotions at both well-known CD sellers and non-traditional retailers."

The best I could do was listen to the 90 second snippets of each song available on iTunes, but that just isn't the same. I won't be writing about 11 of the 16 songs on "Red". I especially won't be writing about "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together", that may be one of my least favorite Swift songs ever. From the samples on iTunes these are my 5 favorite "Red" songs so far. I have a feeling this list will change a lot when I can actually hear the full songs altogether on Spotify.

"State of Grace":



"Red":



"I Knew You Were Trouble":



"Holy Ground":



"Starlight":



This might be my all-time favorite Taylor Swift song:



- How excited I am for Scotty McDreary's cash grab, aka a Christmas album. Isn't he due to go away yet?

- The bizarre cover of the latest Bat For Lashes CD.

- The bizarre lyrical stylings of Bridgit Mendler. Is it just me or is she Katy Perry light? Although her new CD is on Spotify.

- How much I hate Mumford and Sons, because I don't at all. I loved their first CD and their second is pretty decent as well. Also I can listen to it on Spotify whenever I want.

- How much I love these two songs (although I do):

"Margaritaville":



This has to be one of the funkiest songs ever, "Superstitious":



Sports:

- Warren Moon saying all the criticism of Scam Newton is racially based. What a stupid thing to say. Why most people dislike is because of how he tried to get paid to play at Auburn. You can run, but Karma will always catch up too you.

- How disappointed I am that the Jazz didn't draft Jimmer Fredette. It's not like it's top secret that he was going to be a bust. Perhaps he can have a JJ Reddick like career someday.

- How much I'll miss Ozzie Guillen, although I have a feeling we'll hear more from him.

- How Notre Dame will beat Oklahoma this weekend, because they won't. If Notre Dame's quarterback play is as bad as it was last week the Fighting Irish will get blown out. Although Notre Dame's defense is amazing.

- How inept the Cowboys are and will continue to be until Jerry Jones hires a decent general manager. Then with defensive stalwart Sean Lee out for the season, I'm afraid this is the begining of the end for the Cowboys. Although they weren't going to make the playoffs this year.

- What Bobby Valentine has to say now. Of course I didn't care what he had to say when he was actually managing the Red Sox. He needs to go far away.

Books:

- How slow the start of "Wolf Hall" is. How much do I have to read to find out what made it the Man Booker award winner?

Random:

- How gorgeous Jessica Biel is, um no.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites