Thursday, October 18, 2012

Newsweek Going All Digital In 2013: Count Me Out

Hello,

From thedailybeast.com:

"We are announcing this morning an important development at Newsweek and The Daily Beast. Newsweek will transition to an all-digital format in early 2013. As part of this transition, the last print edition in the United States will be our Dec. 31 issue."

The above is probably the first of many similar announcements we'll be seeing over the next few years. I wish Newsweek good luck with that. But as a current subscriber to Newsweek, I'm not interested. I'm currently subscribed until February, 2013. Please send me issues until that December 31st issue. After that please cancel my subscription, you can keep the couple of bucks left over.

I'm an avid magazine reader, although I'm over 5 months behind on my magazines. I love magazines, I love holding them in my hands. I love carrying them with me and not worrying about them getting damaged. I love flipping through the actual, physical pages. I even love getting things in the mail. I love that a magazine never runs out of power or that I need to recharge it.

I own and love my Kindle. However I don't want to read magazines on it. I have read magazines on a computer screen, the actual text directly from the magazine itself. It's not a very good system. It isn't user friendly or fun to read that way. When I want to read, I don't want to mess with a technological gizmo to read. Now Kindles and other electronic reader devices do have their uses, but it's so much better to read the actual physical copy of a book and magazine. A Kindle will never be able to give me that new book smell. One of the best smells in the world.

Thanks for all the great articles over the years though Newsweek!

themusicaddict


No comments:

Favorites