Sunday, October 14, 2012

Top 10 All-Time American Idols, #9 Crystal Bowersox, Season 9 Review

Hello,

The #9 "American Idol" of all-time is Crystal Bowersox. Or as Randy Jackson nicknamed her Mama Sox, possibly his only worthy contribution to "American Idol" ever. Looking back on Season 9 with hindsight, it wasn't a good year. Lee DeWyze won, easily one of the least interesting winners ever. Does it surprise you that he didn't do too well? I actually quite liked his singing voice, but he clearly didn't have the x factor (as another lame reality show calls it.) Michael Lynche finished fourth, enough said. I liked Casey James as well, but I didn't care about how he finished. Other boring contestants from that season include: Tim Urban (wow he was really bad), Aaron Kelly, Katie Stevens.

Andrew Garcia wasn't real interesting either, but he did have a couple of highlights. I liked his take on "Straight Up" and his version of "Sugar, We're Going Down". I even bought "Sugar" and enjoy it every time it plays on iTunes.



"Suga, Were Going Down"



I also liked Siobhan Magnus's "Think" from that season:



In addition I like Paige Miles "Honky Tonk Woman":



Before we get to Miss Bowersox, Season 9 was also the season of this:



Lee DeWyze and Crystal Bowersox's auditions:



Some of Crystal's "American Idol" highlights:



"Come To My Window":



"Maybe I'm Amazed":



"Midnight Train To Georgia":



"Me and Bobby McGee". One of my all-time lyrics: "Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose".



Other songs she has sung. It sounds like she was born to sing "For What It's Worth":



The slightly bizarre "Farmer's Daughter". This song is from her debut CD "Farmer's Daughter".



"Ridin' With The Radio":



Not my favorite song, but I love her voice on "Finally Got It Right":



"Just Want To Love You Before I Leave":



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites