Wednesday, May 1, 2013

A Belated Happy Birthday to iTunes.

Hello,

I had a bunch of sports related thoughts I had to get out, but I also wanted to write a music blog. I got all of my sports related thoughts out in the previous two blogs. This is the music blog I really wanted to write today. I realize I haven't written many music blogs lately and I intend on rectifying that.

On April 28th, 2013 iTunes celebrated it's 10th anniversary. When Apple launched the iTunes music store, they had 200,000 songs for sale at 99c each. iTunes has come a long way from then and is now the largest music store in the world. (Thanks to ew.com and the iTunes music store itself for the above information.)

In honor of iTunes 10th birthday I'm going to post a series of videos of some of the great songs that have rocked my iPod over the years. I've had my current iPod for over 3 years and it's still going strong. These are some of the most played songs on my iPod,you'll also notice how many of these songs are featured heavily on my blog. Enjoy!

Europe's "The Final Countdown":



Taylor Swift's "Should've Said No":



I'm still enjoying the Band Perry's "Pioneer" CD and would highly recommend it to everyone that likes great music. None of "Pioneer's" songs have worked their way to my iPod, but the following The Band Perry song has."If I Die Young":



The skanky Miss Lady Gaga and "Poker Face":



Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody":



Neil Young's "Heart of Gold", this video is from when this was a new song:



This is such an unknown song that I couldn't even find a video for it. However any video that features the absolutely gorgeous Evangaline Lilly rockets to the top of any playlist. This is Bell x1's "Eve, The Apple Of My Eye":



Jethro Tull's "Aqualung":



Does anyone make mixtapes any more? Does anyone younger than 25 even know what a "plastic cassette" is? Tift Merritt's "Mixtape":



Usually when I'm listening to my iPod I'm exercising. Cascada's "Evacuate The Dancefloor" is perfect for that"



I think this is my favorite Bob Marley song. Marley's "Iron Lion Zion":



How many places can a Marley and Lionel Richie song co-exist peacefully, an iPod and this blog are 2 places. "All Night Long":



This possibly is the song I've had the most on my blog all-time, Poison's "Every Rose Has It's Thorn":



Oasis' "Wonderwall":



Upcoming: more Dodger Daily blogs and some of the greatest sax songs ever.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites