Monday, May 20, 2013

Red Wings Win, Ray Manzarek Dies, Dwight Howard Whines Again, Romo Cyst Removal

Hello,

I hate when life interrupts with things I'm really passionate about. One thing I'm really passionate about is this blog. It will probably never make me any real money, but I love writing it.

Anyway I may or may not be able to expand on this blog tomorrow. But if not I just wanted to write a couple of quick things.

First: the Red Wings defeated Western Conference #1 seed Blackhawks 3-1 tonight. Detroit grabbed a 2-1 series lead and could really get this series in a stranglehold if they win Thursday night. Again I don't know a lot about hockey, but even I can tell that Jimmy Howard is a great goalie. As part of yet another great night he had 39 saves.

I'm glad he's representing athletes with the last name Howard proudly. Meanwhile wherever Dwight Howard is he's continuing his reputation as a whiner. He complained to GM Mitch Kupchuk shortly after the Lakers season ended. He complained that Mike D'Antoni isn't utilizing him correctly. Also he complained that D'Antoni looked to Kobe Bryant and Steve Nash for leadership, rather than Howard. Can you imagine D'Antoni didn't look to a spoiled, whiny player for leadership? Who would follow Howard willingly?

A lot of people are wondering if Howard will resign with the Lakers in the off season? What I wonder is why would the Lakers want him? Is it the fact that he couldn't hit 50% of his free throws, that he's a whiner and coach killer or that simply Howard's only priority is himself? Whatever idiot team ends up signing him is going to eventually regret their decision. But as a Lakers hater I hope he ends up again with LA. Unless the Lakers amnesty him eventually that will guarantee at best 5 years of mediocrity for the Lakers.

Speaking of mediocrity: the Dallas Cowboys. Tony Romo had a cyst removed from his back about a month ago and will miss the reams OTAs. That's not a big deal as Romo should be good to go when the season starts. Now too bad he's one of the most overrated quarterbacks in the league. As with whoever signs Howard, the Cowboys will someday soon regret soon signing Romo. As a Cowboys fan I already regret it. I wish the Cowboys would have let Romo play out the final year of his contract and then let him go. That would have given them a lot of money to start over. He's been in the NFL for about 10 years and has all of one playoff win. I don't understand how a almost 33 year old quarterback is all of a sudden going to learn how to win.

I also wonder when the Jones and Garrett cysts will be removed from the butt of the Cowboys. I won't put all the blame on the overrated Romo. Look at who his coach and owner/GM is. It looks like the Cowboys will remain irrelevant for at least the next 5 years.

One of the key members of one of my all-time favorite bands died tonight. That's Ray Manzarek, the great keyboardist for the Doors. Manzarek died of cancer, he was 74. Instead of having people send flowers, he asked that people send money in his name to standup2cancer.org. (Thanks to ew.com.) That's a very classy departure by Manzarek.

In honor of The Doors and Manzarek's key role with them, here are a few of my favorite Doors songs. Not all these songs are the obvious Doors songs, but they are some of my favorite Doors songs. In tribute to Manzarek's life, the first video I'm featuring is "The End":



"Alabama Song":



"Back Door Man":



"Five To One":



"Love Street":



R.I.P. Ray.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites