Wednesday, May 22, 2013

themusicaddict's Thoughts Going Through My Head, Great Songs & Rival Sons Rock!

Hello,

I'm enjoying listening to Google All Access the last few days. However the thing that I notice is that when looking to listen to music I keep on going back a few years to find music I want to listen to. There's still good music being made now, it just runs underneath the radar a bit.

Under the radar songs I'm liking right now include Hospitality's "Friends of Friends":



Okay so this song isn't exactly flying underneath the radar as it's on "The Great Gatsby" soundtrack, but I love this version more than Beyonce's original. Emeli Sande's "Crazy In Love":



I also love Fergie's "Great Gatsby" song "A Little Party Never Killed Nobody (All We Got)":



Although they don't have a lot of music out now, I've been digging music by The Rubens. Here's my current favorite of their songs, "The Best We've Got":



Loon Lake's "Cherry Lips":



Adam Ant's 2013 CD is "Adam Ant is The Blue Black Hussar Marrying The Gunner's Daughter". I can review that CD in two words: It sucks!!! Stay away. This CD has a couple of decent musical moments and "Shrink" is good enough:



Like with The Rubens, another band I'm enjoying right now is Rival Sons. One of the things that jumped out at me is their musicianship, especially in this era of manufactured artists and Auto Tune. They have a very Arctic Monkeyish sound, which is meant to be a big compliment. Both bands really know how to rock. If you are looking for something new and rocks, check out the Rival Sons CD "Head Down". Here's a sample of their great CD "Three Fingers":



I'm checking out Rival Sons propusively great CD "Head Down" as well as their other music. I may be writing more about them tomorrow.

The Dallas Mavericks are considering entering the Dwight Howard sweepstakes? Seriously? Why? That's a sweepstakes I'd want my team to lose. I was so glad when the Jazz "lost" the Carlos Boozer sweepstakes a few years ago. I desperately wanted the Jazz and Boozer to part ways. I've never understood why people are so in love with the temperamental drama queen that is Howard. If I got to pick, I'd have Howard go to the Lakers. I'd enjoy watching a mediocre Lakers team.

Yes Jim Boeheim, Carmelo Anthony does need more help in New York. Anthony needs to learn how to be a team player. The great players help their teammates be better than anyone would ever thought they could be. However Anthony doesn't make anyone better with his one-dimensional game.

I just want to say the more I hear coming out of the Dallas Cowboys, the more disgusted I get. If Dallas were a TV show, they'd be titled "Dallas". Except that Jerry Jones will never be clever as J.R. Ewing. The Cowboys continue to become more and more irrelevant. If ESPN stopped hyping the Cowboys so much, would they cease to exist. The coverage the Cowboys get isn't worthy of their play over the last several years. I continue to become more and more of a 49ers fan. Not only because they are good, but because they are well run. They are everything that the Cowboys aren't. If the 49ers were a TV show, they would be called "Dynasty". That's something they are inching close to being.

Although news is coming out today that 49ers wide receiver Michael Crabtree recently had surgery on his achilles heel. That could keep him out for 6 months, which means he could be back for the stretch run. I know they have Mario Manningham, Vernon Davis and Anquan Boldin so they should be okay until Crabtree comes back. Does this mean that the 49ers may sign Randy Moss for one more year?

Again I'm hoping for a terrible Cowboys season so that Jerry Jones will finally be forced to make some changes that are actually helpful. Three things off the top of my head are : 1) Get a real GM! The only one that wants Jerry as GM is Jerry! Stephen Jones isn't the answer either. Seriously get a real GM! 2) Get a real head coach and stop interfering with all your stupid, rambling thoughts Jerry. Jones is 70 years old, is he ever going to learn how to speak intelligently? 3) Get a real quarterback, Romo isn't the answer. Oh good now he's going to have more control over offensive plays this season. Yes, let's give him more control since the Cowboys have flourished so much with him as quarterback. I can't wait until Romo writes his autobiography, he should call it "My One Playoff Win: How Hype and Jerry Jones' Stupidity Made Me A Very Rich Man".

The NBA Conference Finals: Western Conference: Yawn, Eastern Conference: Heat In 5.

Now that the NBA Draft Lottery is over, it's known that the Jazz will have the 14th and 21st pick in the NBA Draft. The Jazz desperately need a point guard to compliment the so-called core 4. The core 4 is Gordon Hayward, Derrick Favors, Enes Kanter and Alec Burks. I'd love for the Jazz to get Shane Larkin. Larkin is a great player and his father, Barry, was a professional athlete. Barry could guide his son through the perilous world of professional sports.

Two people I don't want the Jazz to get is 1) Shabazz Muhammed, from everything I've heard about him the consensus is that he's a head case. 2) Mason Plumlee Dearest Jazz please don't get this lame player. How many tall, white and stiff centers have become stars in the NBA? I can't think of any either. Not to mention he's a Dukie, it's well known how bad Dukies are in the NBA.

The Sergio Garcia-Tiger Woods verbal spat is 2013's biggest sports non-story. Why do we have to keep on hearing about it?

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites