Friday, April 2, 2010

And now if only....

Hello,

Just a quick short blog today. Last night I finally got another job. I've been out of work for exactly one month tomorrow. I'll be the new Bookstore Manager at Everest College in West Valley City. It has a lot of things I'm looking for in a job. One of the best things about it is I won't have to work in a call center. I always thought it was a blessing I lost my job with Verizon Wireless. That job was just not a fit and I dreaded going there. I don't think I will have that problem with my new job. Other advantages of my new job over my previous job: I'm getting a $5000 a year raise, I won't ever have to work Sundays, Thanksgiving or Christmas and it's a job that's a much better fit

With me starting my new job on Monday, that will obviously leave me a lot less time to write this blog. Just to let you know

One month from Sunday is the one month anniversary (talk about an anniversary I'd like to forget) of my wife requesting our second separation. That was the saddest day of my life, a lot because I was thinking divorce was soon to follow. A few days later my worst fears were confirmed. I'm a slow learner and I had to be booted twice to finally understand what exactly she wanted. Now it's too little, too late.

However that spurred me into action. Since then I have lost almost 19 pounds (I hit a new low today!), I can fit into a lot of my nice clothes again but unfortunately when I back up there's still a beeping sound.

I've started to eat better, renewed my commitment to my church and God, started reading the scriptures, have received a better job and I'm seeking counseling to help me with my ADHD. So a bunch of positive changes. I was feeling pretty good this morning. I told my Mom I'm losing weight, have a new job and now if I could only get my wife back then things would be great. She asked me the likelihood of getting my wife back, I honestly told her almost zero.

The feeling good just lasted a few seconds but the sadness of anxiety of my big loss is lasting a lot longer.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWtFpRC9n_s



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites