Monday, April 12, 2010

Day 1 of a very long week down.

Hello,

My wife and I are going through a divorce right now. For the record I want to say I love my wife still very much and I always will. We both also love our 4 kids as well. This is not a rip on my wife blog, this is the journey of an extremely painful divorce blog. I think my wife is an amazing woman and always will. I also write about music every once-in-a-while.

Day 1 down of the ten 11 hour days I'll be working in the next two weeks. Today was a very long day and I busted my butt. I don't have time to do my normal exercise, but today I got plenty of exercise at work. I also found out that my first payday is Friday and then I'll start getting paid every Friday going forward. That's pretty sweet.

As with any divorce I've had all sorts of emotions today. Right now it's especially hard as I'm trying to learn how to do my new job. I really like this job so far. I don't have to bust my butt but there also is plenty to do. I also am a "manager" but the only person I "manage" is myself. I think I can do that :)

Anyway I've been going through all sorts of emotions. I've been listening to Milli Vanilli the last few days in my car. Today I heard their song, "Girl I'm Gonna Miss You". This song is really appropriate: (Again all lyrics do not apply exactly to our situation.)



Also at work, very early in my shift, I head the following song. (This is one of the greatest of all-time regret songs and is a kick a gut every time I hear it, that's why I avoid it.) This is Lady Antebellum's "Need You Know".



A divorce is very hard, but this is definitely making me stronger. That makes me think of the following two songs.

1) Christina Aguilera's "Fighter": (This is such a great song.)



2) Clint Black's "A Better Man":



I also heard this song on my iPod and this song is really inspiring me through this tough time, I'm not quite to the point of this song though. But within in the next 10.5 months I hope to get there:



All these are such great songs. Only 48 more hours to go and this work week will be over!!!!

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites