Monday, April 5, 2010

Starting To Heal... Finally!

Hello,

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." - Confucius

Today is my first day on the job with Ambassador Bookstore at Everest College in West Valley City. Today is yet another step in my journey of a thousand miles to my divorce. I've gone only a few steps on that journey, but at least I'm on the path.

I've been going through this grieving process for about a month now, my friends tell me a divorce takes anywhere from 8 months to a year to fully heal. Although I did have one friend who said he never fully healed. Having kids together adds another element to the recovery process.

I think having a job will help with the healing process, it will give me something else to think about. Yesterday was the first day since I found out about the divorce that I wasn't in pain the whole day. Just one Sunday previous I was so lonely for her and our kids. Yesterday was officially my first good day, after about 30 bad days.

The divorce paperwork is winding its way through the courts. We have to take a 3 hour divorce class, submit the final papers and then wait. The divorce should be final in about a month. The day that its final is going to be another bad day. It doesn't help when I hear songs like this:



I definitely believe in miracles. I believe the above song can be about my wife and I. I still believe there's a chance for us. As the song says "There's still a chance to be all we might have been".

Obviously I'm only at the beginning of my healing so I have many more bad days ahead of me. I've started taking other steps to move forward as well. For one I have an excellent counselor who I can tell is already going to help me tremendously. I have also set the process in motion to find another special lady to be in my life. I'm much better armed with the tools how to treat a woman. My next lady will be treated like the princess she is.

I love you S.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites