Sunday, April 25, 2010

Slash is back, "Mad Men" and "The Postmistress"

Hello,

Here's another excellent CD, the new CD by Slash. It's very creatively titled "Slash". The CD features guest vocals of Ian Astbury, Ozzy Osbourne, Chris Cornell, Fergie and Wolfmother's Andrew Stockdale. My favorite song is the Fergie song, it's titled "Beautiful Dangerous". I love the work she does by herself and with The Black Eyed Peas. But at heart I think she's a rock chick. She sang a few months ago at the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame with Mick Jagger, sang a Heart song on "American Idol" and now this song with Slash. That's just a great, great song.

Of course in each one of these songs Slash's guitar plays a major part. I thought this would be a vanity solo project for Slash. However most of these are very good songs. I wonder if he tried to get Axl Rose to come and sing on one of the tracks. Other good songs are Ian Astbury's "Ghost", Chris Cornell's "Promise", Andrew Stockdale's "By The Sword", Iggy Pop's "We're All Gonna Die" and Myles Kennedy's "Starlight". Kennedy is the lead singer of Alter Bridge, otherwise known as Creed without Scott Stapp.

I haven't seen the last two weeks of "American Idol" and I find that I'm living without it quite easily. I have those 4 past episodes to watch but I'm in no hurry to do so. I've got to my books to read right now. Right now I'm reading through Tom Clamcy's "Red Rabbit" and Sarah Blake's "The Postmistress". There's just so many great books to read. I went to the library yesterday and picked up 5 books, I probably won't finish reading through them all. I just like I can pick up a bunch of books and not have any buyer's remorse.

Also the excellent "Mad Men" returns for Season 4 on July 25th. 13 more episode of January Jones and Christina Hendricks!!!!!!!! I can't believe that show is already in it's fourth season.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites