Sunday, April 18, 2010

Blog Post 500

Hello,

My wife and I are going through a divorce right now. For the record I want to say I love my wife very much and always will. We both also love our 4 kids as well. This is not a rip on my wife blog, this is the journey of an extremely painful divorce blog. I think my wife is an amazing woman and always will. I also write about music every once-in-a-while :)

I'm not really going to have a very exciting blog # 500. After having not talked to my wife for about a week, we talked quite a bit yesterday and a bit this morning. She has cut me completely out of her life because I'm getting a lawyer to represent me in the divorce. I just want some legal advice because I don't know what I'm doing. I don't want to make a decision now that my wife or I will regret in a few years. For that matter or that our kids will regret. With my busy schedule I won't be able to see my lawyer for about 10 days.

In our conversations she keeps on thinking I'm not taking responsibility for my actions that is ending our marriage. I'm taking full responsibility for those actions. I've apologized for those things several times now. Now it's time to move on from apologizing and to make the best relationship possible with my wife and kids.

Again I am taking full responsibility for my actions, but this song reminds me of my current situation.



This is my soon-to-be-ex-wife's response: "That's because you are getting an attorney that will have YOUR best interests at heart, not mine or the kids, but YOURS. If we are able to agree on everything there is no reason for one, so I'm protecting myself. You are changing the entire course of our relationship from here on out."

My response: Again I'm seeking legal help because I have no idea about getting a divorce and frankly don't have the time to study it. I don't care whose best interest the lawyer has, as I have my entire family's best interest at heart. She keeps on telling me she's "protecting" herself. Who is she protecting herself from? I'm not out to hurt her any, she'll see that when she sees the divorce papers my attorney files and they are virtually the same as my wife has them. I then loved her closing comment, "You are changing the entire course of our relationship from here on out." Um didn't she do that when she asked for a divorce? Yes I'm seeking much needed legal help but I'll always do what I can to make our relationship as good as possible. I have told my wife how much I still love her and miss her, does that really seem I'm trying to hurt her? (Thanks iTunes Lady Antebellum's "Need You Know" comes on. Great! I'll be glad when I can listen to that song and it not hurt like hell.)

For those of you who don't know that song, here it is:



There will be no countdown for "American Idol" today, with all the hours I worked last week I still haven't even watched last week's episodes.

Have a good day, themusicaddict

1 comment:

Stefanie said...

That's because you are getting an attorney that will have YOUR best interests at heart, not mine or the kids, but YOURS. If we are able to agree on everything there is no reason for one, so I'm protecting myself. You are changing the entire course of our relationship from here on out.

Favorites